Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Delaying the Car Event Bucket List till 2021

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Delaying the Car Event Bucket List till 2021

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

TrailerTrashToo and jnaki like this.
  2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I HATE the phrase Bucket List,, sorry
    Mine is just gottta do,,
    TROG too far away, unless they West Coast again
    Colorado Hill climb witha 302 GMC powered Speedster
    RPM with a flathead T roadster
    Go back to LSR cause Austin has GREAT food
    Drive 200 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats in our P-38 Drop Tank (not a Tanker)
    And make it 25 years with the calendar (4 more years to go)

3. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

20200911 Starbird.jpg Another vote for Lead Ain't Dead, and the annual convoy of customs (Kustoms?) to the Daryl Starbird museum in Afton, OK. 2019 the convoy was 7 Kustoms and my very off topic Cummins diesel swap. 2020 was also 8 Kustoms, including my freshly built (arguably on topic) Volvo Kustom. Steal an extra day of vacation for the Friday convoy to the Starbird museum.

The Covid part of the story - Friday before Labor Day, I had a routine checkup with my doctor. We discussed building a custom and not being able to drive it to Lead Ain't Dead. I'm in my mid-70's, with a few medical conditions that are "bondo patched" with medication and cardiac surgery (extremely grateful for the extra 25 years). The conclusion was that their was NO GUARANTEE that I would be able to travel in 2021. Just take the best practices precautions and go for it. I drove off on Memorial Day morning.

Russ

4. I just hope and pray this crap doesn't extend over into 2021 and beyond! HRP

5. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Get one every year.

Actually did a couple of hours in the pits at Speed Week. Got too hot for the "train-wrecked" heart and had to retreat to the air conditioned car and drive away. It was worth the trip.

Russ

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Go back to Bonneville for Speed Week.

Lone Star Roundup

The old hillclimb event in Indiana

Maybe some day hit the GNRS.

There's a few peripheral gigs from my Classic Car facet of life too. Another Packard Nat'l would be fun.

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

The only thing on my “gotta do” list that isn’t something I’ve done yet is hitting the GNRS and making a California trip out of it. Do lots of local car stuff while there. Need the kids to be older first

Austin kays likes this.
  8. Our car events in South Dakota have been going all summer tho I have only hit a couple. Got the wedding done last weekend so we are concentrating on Speed Week and BTT50s if Minnesota pulls their heads outta their asses by June

j3harleys and rod1 like this.
  9. LSR, Little River Vintage Drags, HAMB Drags, Amelia Island, Houston Autorama....fingers crossed.

10. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

One event to add to the list is a new one this year. The Gathering at the Roc is just a couple weeks from now in Oklahoma -
    https://thehotrodgathering.com/

It's shaping up to be quite a group of cars!

11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I'll just be happy to go to some local events. Everybody got scared and cancelled everything around here. Not saying anything more.

j3harleys and Tman like this.
  12. jim snow

jim snow

Hershey. Snowman

13. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

So far it has done nothing but get worse. I hope that in 2021 they don't say it's still worse that in ever was in 2020. Hopefully this doesn't change thing forever...

14. I was really looking forward to TROG this year, hopefully it happens next year... got our local halloween show coming up, at least it's something.

15. "strengthens my resolve" exactly right!
    This "thing"; that has caused the entire year of 2020 to be canceled has really only done one thing for me. It has strengthened my resolve to just do more... to stop saying "it's just not the right time right now", to just figure out a way to make it happen, to stop making lists and start doing shit, to set some reasonable goals and then achieve them.
    This year I managed to make Bonneville. I was only there for the last couple of days but I got to experience it, see some records fall, and realize I want to go back.
    I also decided it was time to build a TROG car for 2021 and with the help of some good friends (@Clark and others ) most of the parts are collected, build parameters have been somewhat established, and the work has begun (pics below)
    Other items I want to squeeze into 2021... another Bonneville trip, Detroit again (fingers crossed), Jalopyrama, The Congregation show in Charlotte, NC (it's held in an old Model T factory fer christsake!)...
    Chappy
    59AB 1.jpg 59AB 2.jpg

16. Austin kays

Austin kays

yeah me too so I can be mad in person about the winners they choose lmao

Tim likes this.
  17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Guess we have to go at the same time because I want to see that in person lol

Austin kays likes this.
  18. j3harleys

j3harleys

We were in Sturgis a few weeks ago for the Mustang Rally. I was nice to have our Freedom back for a few days.

Tman likes this.
  19. Glad you enjoyed it here.

j3harleys likes this.