Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need help with some measurements 60 F100 rad support

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fauj, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Hi HAMB'ers. I need some help with a few measurements on a 60' F100 Radiator support. My was rusted through so I took it apart to repair it. I wrote the measurements down, but I have moved since then and cannot find them. Check the link out above to see what I had to work with. The biggest issue was that I had to remove the lower mounts (the ones that bolt to the frame) and I need to know their height from the Bottom of the mount is to the top of the rad support.

The 1st is between the two brackets that mount it to the frame.

The 2nd is between the bracket and the top of the support.

The 3rd is between the bracket and the edge of the support.

Thanks again and I appreciate any help that can be provided.

The pic below shows the measurements I am looking for.

57CoreSupport-2_LI (2).jpg

2. Btt, hoping for some help.

3. Reman

Reman
    from Florida

I got a 57 in the boneyard I can check for you. I am "assuming" it is the same. We are in the edge of this weeks hurricane (Sally), so we are underwater right now. But I will be happy to check in a few days after things dry a bit.

fauj likes this.
  4. Thanks Reman, I appreciate it! I think they are all the same for the 57-60's.

5. Btt... Info needed please.

6. @Reman checking in to see if you were able to get the waders and check that core support?

7. manyolcars

manyolcars

This doesnt answer your question but on my 60 F100 a previous owner used a 1974 Ford pickup radiator with the flanges cut off. Its a snug fit.
    Cant you get the measure for number one from your frame? I will measure mine tomorrow

8. I can check later tonight got my 60 grill and fenders out right now let you know

fauj likes this.
  9. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

1 = 28" hole centers.
    2 = 21.50"
    3 = 22.50"
    Best I can do for you measuring out of a crowded engine bay.
    My F100 is a 1960.
    Anything else you think I can help with just hola.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    fauj likes this.
  10. fiftyv8 likes this.
  11. OK I got measurements with no motor radiator grill or fenders mounted part on the bench
    # 1 is 31" center to center on the hole
    # 2 is 22.5"
    # 3 is 21.5 "
    Also unless you removed them should be able to verify item 1 off your frame mounts .

fauj and fiftyv8 like this.
  12. Thanks @Slick111 , I appreciate the help! Measurement 1 is all that I could get as I do still have the mounts on the frame. Mostly worried about it being too high or low which would cause fender alignment issues.