Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you listen to in your garage?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 41 C28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. He was a kickass post-punk keyboard player.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. jockeyshift41

jockeyshift41
    from Florida

3. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

My puppies whine,wanting to get out of jail and chew up my parts boxes and bags.

4. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

5. Paychobilly53

Paychobilly53

Bad Religion

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  6. Paychobilly53

Paychobilly53

Social Distortion, and for a really good garage session...The Circle Jerks! Ahh good times!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

The Muscle Car place podcast on ITunes Radio is pretty good to listen to. So is Kibbe and Friends.

8. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-10-7_3-54-29.png

Hello,

In our old hot rods, we did not always have a nice radio that worked well. My brother always had a nice radio in all of his cars. For him, there was always a reason to get the nicest radio for his own taste in music. As he learned to play the guitar, his taste turned to folk music and then some picks from Brownie McGee as well as Scruggs and Flatts. But, not while we were in his cars. Then he knew the listening tastes of most hot rod teenagers and tuned his radio to KFWB, the local Los Angeles rock and roll station.

We and others could not go anywhere without hearing “K-F-W-B, CHANNEL 98.” So, what better than to sponsor a huge drag race at Riverside Raceway in So Cal. The station was the number 1 station, locally and where ever it was broadcast. It stayed that way until several LA radio stations were created with their own disk jockeys and took the ratings away. By then, the sound of KFWB was less and less until it became an all-news station. Then, the FM radio channels were popping up and took away the classic rock and roll music from the AM stations. It was a new era of music with the strong FM Channels, KMET and KLOS come to mind. The rock and roll early history starts its rolling ball that takes over the radio airwaves.

Jnaki

But listening to those early sounds from the LA stations like KFWB was the thing to do. My 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery squeaked out music from a small hand held Sony portable AM radio given to me by my dad, when he got a new one. So, that was my original rock and roll music in that sedan delivery. The portable AM radio hanging from the rear view mirror. Inside of the sedan delivery, the hollow chamber made it sound a lot better than it was.
    upload_2020-10-7_4-10-58.png
    I just happen to find that portable Sony radio in the storage drawer of our garage. When I put in new batteries, it worked and of course, am radio is not like it used to be. But memories can take one back to those 1956 days of listening to old rock and roll songs. I did find a song on my Ipod Touch playlist from 1956: The 5 Satins… “In The Still of The Night.”

No, it was not from the A.G. movie. This was pure Westside of Long Beach cool music from our junior high school 45rpm days and portable AM radio. (Yes, trying to duplicate the sounds in a basement of a local church did make it sound better than in our backyard rumpus room, “rec” center…Ha!)
    5 SATINS

9. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

The Superbs are so mellow. This is "our" song.. The photo is the steps we used to sit on and listen to it, on my Zenith Transoceanic radio. Drinking Coke-a-cola in a glass bottle, smoking Kool cigarettes without additives.. The little things were all made with such high quality.. I proposed to my wife on those steps many years later..

1965 penn and main.jpg

Mr. Clean, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  10. knucklenutz

knucklenutz

Yesterday it was Danny Gatton - Crusin' Duces

Today it will be Roy Buchanan - Roy's Blues

Attached Files:

11. topher5150

topher5150

chryslerfan55 and j hansen like this.
  12. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

The Same Music For 55 Years... 60277072fb3cd07c5aed0fbe444218de.jpg

chryslerfan55, Deuces and 40FORDPU like this.
  13. Same music, style of dress since High School..times change, but I hold true to my past (I know boring, right?).
    Seattle's best Rock and roll KZOK 102.5 FM

14. Deuces

Deuces

chryslerfan55 and 65pacecar like this.
  15. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

chryslerfan55, topher5150 and Deuces like this.
  16. v8flat44

v8flat44

My back yard neighbors 3 STUPID dogs barking & their youngest kid SCREAMING like some one stuck it with a pitch fork.....unfortunatly, he is my insurance guy...................

17. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

eddie van halen seeing the day thats init .RIP EDDIE

j hansen likes this.
  18. 34Larry

34Larry

I'm a staunch Conservative and so when not listening talk radio, its CDs of Hank Williams, Gene Watson, Marty Robbins, and all the golden oldies of good ol' down home county music.

19. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

My Compressor mostly

X38, juan motime and Deuces like this.
  20. My wife asking when I'm going to be done.

Deuces, knucklenutz, X38 and 3 others like this.
  21. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

ha ha ,my one saying its a lot of work !!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Deuces likes this.
  22. The Pouges and the Waifs last night.

23. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

24. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Never had a radio, or CD player, or any form of music in my garage. Just never cared about listening to music while turning wrenches, or fabricating.

25. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah, sometimes silence is golden.... ;)