Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Commerce 3 Day Swap Meet Oct 8-10, Georgia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad54, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

The NE GA Swap Meet's Commerce 3 Day is October 3-10 at the Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA
    We've had our monthly swap meet trouble-free every month since May, with 300 +/- vendors each month.
    With Charlotte, Hershey, Perry GA and the Barber motorcycle swap meet canceled this fall, there will be a huge turn-out next week.
    It's just $100 for all the space you want for the entire weekend, and camping in your space is welcome.
    Gates open at 7am on Thursday (outside gate will be open Wednesday for any vendors who want to line up early).
    Spectator entry is just $10, no additional charge for parking, and kids 12-under are free.
    Georgia is open--restaurants and hotels are booming.
    If anyone has any questions, call (706) 424-5035

Attached Files:

Zax likes this.
  2. lake_harley

lake_harley

Mostly automotive/hot rod stuff or is there a lot of yard sale stuff like too many swap meets these days? Does it cater to pre-48 hot rods or newer muscle car, or pretty much balanced?

Lynn

3. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

We do it every month, and the rule is "Anything you'd find in a guy's shop, basement or garage."
    Tools, shop equipment, vintage signs, vintage bikes, etc.
    And parts for everything.

lake_harley likes this.
  4. lake_harley

lake_harley

Thanks. Sounds interesting. I'll see if I can get my road-trip curmudgeons lined up.

Lynn

5. Bump- can't wait for this weekend!!!

6. Fish392

Fish392
    from Elkmont,Al

Bump for a swap meet that is a go !!!

7. Yup- weather is clearing (saying 80% on Sat, but only 1/4" of rain for the day... just enough to wet the asphalt :D)

Already looking like a great show- Brad's phone has been ringing off the hook

Also, Kevin Johnson (who owns American Vintage Parts- right up 441 from the swap) is opening up the old Commerce Hardware on Friday and Sat with 250 pallets (8 new tractor trailer loads) of parts!

Brad and I are set up right inside the spectator entrance. I brought my '56 panel truck "puzzle"- stop by and say Hi :D

Gonna be a GREAT weekend- see you there!

Zax and alanp561 like this.
  8. I'm stuck at work (no substitutes available), but stopped by last night- vendors out to the main road- this is gonna be a great swap!

I believe that online pre-registration is now closed, but you can still register at the gate- see you all (if I can get a sub) tomorrow- Bill (aka, Mac the Yankee)

9. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

I plan to be there bright and early Saturday morning. Can't wait!

10. lake_harley

lake_harley

I hope it's worth the trip. Two friends and I are leaving Missouri at 9:00 PM tonight and will drive through the night to be there tomorrow (Friday) and then back home. About 17 hours round trip so hopefully we'll find some treasurers!

Lynn

dirty old man and jim snow like this.
  11. Couldn't find a sub to cover my classes today, so Mrs. Yankee and our oldest son are watching the tables.

I got there at 4:15 to set up this morning before heading off to work, and the parking lot and field are pretty well covered, which means about 300+ vendors already, and more are coming!

Lynn, hope you and your buddies have a great time!

12. lake_harley

lake_harley

Hate to say it, but for us it was pretty much a bust. We walked all the rows but found very little that we needed or wanted. Not a total loss though. Spending time with friends.....priceless!

Lynn

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    dirty old man likes this.
  13. That's quiet a road trip. HRP

14. lake_harley

lake_harley

Yeah....we may not do that length of trip any more as an out-and-back. It was about 18 Hrs. on the road counting a couple traffic slow-downs. Commerce GA was our 4th swap meet in about 6 or 7 weeks. Closest one was about 4 1/2 to 5 Hr. one way. We're heading to Chickasha Oklahoma on Thursday. Hoping for a lot better/bigger swap meet!! I had a pocket full of money and only spent $3.00.

Anyone have any feedback on Chickasha from recent experience?

Lynn

15. You never know, I have sold at the Commerce swap meet and went home with a pocket full of cash and other times not broke even, the same thing happened at Charlotte Motor Speedway,

Sometimes you have what people want and other times you can't give the stuff away.

Good luck at Chickasha. HRP

olscrounger likes this.
  16. lake_harley

lake_harley

^^^^ You got that right!

Lynn

17. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Did it even happen? Weather sucked in GA all weekend

18. lake_harley

lake_harley

We were there Friday AM, and weather was OK. Ran through some light rain on the way out of GA heading home to MO.

Lynn

19. Thursday and Friday were great- the parking lot and lower field were just about covered (500+ vendors by Friday 9am). The rain put a damper on Saturday... can't control the weather, but it blows my mind how people pack up and head for home when it starts to drizzle. I remember ducking for cover in Hershey a number of times for 15-20 minutes while the rain was sideways, then starting back up the rows when things lightened up :D!

Lynn, sorry it was a bust for you! That wasn't you guys running around with the Goodyear slicks strapped to the trunk of the Crown Vic,was it :D?

Mrs. Yankee sold a bunch of stuff on Friday, and I got rid of two of my '55-59 Chevy cabs on Saturday and got a few nibbles on the "Panel Puzzle". Also found a bellhousing for my NP833 tranny for the pickup.

20. lake_harley

lake_harley

No, it wasn't us with slicks strapped on the trunk of the Crown Vic but that's quite a mental picture.

Lynn

21. Brenda and I went to Knoxville,Tennessee the weekend before and couldn't work in two weekends in a row, someone had to keep the shop open, I like the idea of the 3 day swap meet, that way we can bring our camper, stay at the swap meet and bring all our junk, uh TREASURES! :D

Whens the next long weekend? HRP

22. Brad's going to get dates together and send them out soon- I'll let you know Danny!

23. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe it didn’t happen , no pictures?

24. Sorry Kiwi- I didn't have time to take any on Friday and spent Saturday morning working our tables.