Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Throttle Linkage 4-barrel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RednekYoga, Oct 10, 2020.

1. RednekYoga

RednekYoga

Hi HAMBers-
    Made the switch in my 63 Comet to a 289 with Street Warrior intake and Summit 4bbl carb. The old setup was 2bbl on a 260. It seems like the linkage isn't lining up quite right. Do I need a new linkage setup?
    Thanks all as always!
    RNY

2. fordflambe

fordflambe

Im not a Ford expert but I do know there are Carb/Transmission/model/year specific linkages. Buddy of mine just went thru the linkage - carb swap problem on a 65' Mustang...........get on the interweb and do a little research and you should find what you need............or make what you need.

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

A picture sure would help, maybe just some bending ?

squirrel likes this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

If it has an automatic transmission with a kickdown linkage, then things get even more interesting. But yeah, it's pretty common to have to change the linkage when you change other things And yes, pictures would help.

5. 31 5w

31 5w

The Summit carb has a small hole in the linkage side hook up plate . I used that when I changed out the carb on the '57 Fairlane. The larger hole below caused the linkage to bind and carb would not close properly Raising the linkage to the upped smaller hole worked great. Just a FYI.

Elcohaulic likes this.