Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods BeBop Fiberglass Bodies Reputation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travj31, Apr 30, 2012.

1. I know I know... it's fiberglass, but we all can't afford a real deal 32 3-window. Anyways, what kind of reputation do these bodies have? How do they compare to an "Outlaw" body? A few years back, I had the chance to tour the Outlaw plant and I must say I was impressed. Are the BeBop's anywhere close to those?

Splitbudaba likes this.
  2. ilinrods41

ilinrods41

A friend bought one of their Williys bodies. I was very impressed with it. Doors close better than most new cars, and fit and finish is first class

3. Talk to those guys every year at the NATS......very nice folks an they build a solid body!

4. FityFive

FityFive

My father purchased a 3 window body from them this past fall. Very nice!

5. Mullda

Mullda

I bought a '29 roadster body from them about 10 years ago and it was excellent. Great folks too!

6. Da Flash

Da Flash

Great bodies, fit well and tight when properly mated to a good chassis. The roadster doors don't open as wide as an original because of the hinges, but a good one other wise.
    Westcotts bodies are really the top of the line and the only one I know of that are identical to original.

Da Flash

7. mlinton1941

mlinton1941

is there wood inter structure ??

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  8. I would really recommend New Age Motorsports. Each body is built and fitted by hand. I've seen bodies from other manufacturers some are definitely better than others.

My only major recommendation is to look the body over in person and speak with the manufacturer to make sure your expectations are in line with theirs.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I believe Nicholas is giving sound advice . You need to see in person . Ultimately, your opinion as the buyer is the one that counts.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  10. FityFive

FityFive

If I remember correctly, there is wood in the inner structure. You might want to call Bebop there inner structure with them.

My father's Bebop '32 3 window coupe has been on the road for several years and I have been very impressed with it.

loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  11. I helped a pal with his Be-Bop '34 roadster. We hauled his chassis down there and they fit the body to it. I did some further mods here and there. It's been together for 10 years or so wit a lot of road miles....holding up well. We get the nickle tour of their shop. It was up to my expectations as I had done Corvette body restorations and modifications from the 60's into the 80's.

loudbang likes this.
  12. Dirk35

Dirk35

I used BeBops Fenders on the front of my 35 Ford PU. They had all of the reveal lines correct, even around the bumper cut-outs, and fit really well (for the most part). I did have to use a heat gun to bend the front 4"s or so to have a little more curve inward, but other than that, they fit well. They were probably a little thinner than Westcotts brand, but they were also about half the price at the time. I know its not a full body, but I would recommend and use them again if necessary.
    1935 Ford PU.JPG

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  13. A couple of guys in my club bought and built BeBop 3 window bodys and I helped with one of them, they are extremely well made, a lot of bang for the buck. HRP

loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  14. killbilly

killbilly

I had them build me a set of 37 Chev trk fenders and met them at the F 100 Nats in Pidgeon Forge to pick up ..great guys....havnt done business​

loudbang likes this.
  15. killbilly

killbilly

in a while tho

16. patsurf

patsurf

keeping us in suspense...

17. killbilly

killbilly

Sorry i accidently posted before finishing my statement......I havent done business with them in a while tho.......

18. The reason I didn't post photo's is because they both are street rods with huge billet wheels. :rolleyes: HRP

warhorseracing likes this.
  19. mlinton1941

mlinton1941

one thing I did see is there isn't a bead around the cowl...

20. Joe H

Joe H

I have their fenders on my '37 Chevy truck, been there 20 years now and still holding up great. I would buy from them again.