Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Pics - GG Pacific NW nats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Vudu

Vudu

Those shots of the "Hebroid" have absolutely blown me away! I'm into rods first and foremost but I've always had a soft spot for the old Bugs and the builder of this particular piece gets huge props from me for his work.

If anyone is interested in seeing all of the cool construction shots, check out this link that I found:

http://www.airspeedparts.com/community-forum/index.php?act=SF&f=25

I've read alot of other forum posts and I know that the topic of VWs on the H.A.M.B. is always a touchy subject but I for one am really thankful that Boones posted shots of this truly awesome ride from the GoodGuys event here on the site or otherwise I would have never run across it.

Now if I can just convince the wife that we NEED another project after I finish my '32, maybe a VW highboy could be in the garage....
    ;)
    ..and maybe a '31 coupe on deuce rails like that sweet black one in the event photos...

and..and.......

2. Gkafer

Gkafer
    from Vancouver

Vudu, Thanks for the kind words about my car. I had a great time showing it at the GG event and an even better responce from all the Hamb member that saw it.
    It truely blew me away, I had no idea that it would be accepted by some of the more traditional Hot rodders.
    Thanks Guys.....and sorry if this thread has been High Jacked.
    Geoff.
    http://www.airspeedparts.com/garage/hebrod/hebrod.htm

[​IMG]

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Hi jack.. I see it as just commenting about the cars shown.

I was hoping others would post their show shots. I know I missed a few and it always neat to see others perspective of the same cars. Towards the end of Sat, I stopped stooping down to get better shots and just pushed the button. I was tired and hot, my face is peeling now...

4. Custom54

Custom54

Boones I thought you would never ask, here are a few of my pics from the show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JamesG

JamesG

I love this one...

[​IMG]

6. Custom54

Custom54

Yes I liked that one too, here are some more from Good Guys and the Amocat BBQ.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Wow,, great pics as usual. You've got to have the best pic collection in existance. Waiting for people to get out of the way has to at least triple the picture taking time.

Thanks again, it's appreciated, and just like bein' there :D

Also, I'm not usually into the big wheels & such, but that blue Manhattan is super bad !
    http://images14.fotki.com/v336/photos/2/269898/3796830/GGNW06591-vi.jpg

8. Gkafer

Gkafer
    from Vancouver

Another nice car that stood out was the Red custom convertable Studebaker, beautiful car! I'll post a few pic's in the am.

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

anyone else want to share there shots. this is good.

Agree, the convert stude was a nice car. it has nice lines

10. a1930ford

a1930ford

You must eat a lot of garlic. At least enough to drive people away so you can get some really cool pictures taken. Me, each time I want to snap a good pic at a show or event, seems some bystander wants to get their butt in front of my camera or someone walks into the picture.
    Great shots. Personally, I was looking for the fenderless highboy-style tudor rods, and the yellow one was nice to see.
    Huey

11. Custom54

Custom54

I agree it can be very difficult to take pics. I took most of mine Friday and early Sat morning, then the camera was put away.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks to everyone for sharing their photos. I'm really enjoying the "show" this morning.:D

13. Gkafer

Gkafer
    from Vancouver

A few of the Stude
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Finally got my pics re-sized and uploaded. Had the settings on Heidi's fancy schmancy camera all screwed up... so bear with me on the quality...

I'll start off with a couple of the Stude a lot of ya have been talkin' about.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Dont eat much Garlic. the real secret is not taking a bath for a month before. It takes dedication to get these pics.. as you can see from the others that took pics, they did not shower much either, infact some could only go out at night

16. Hey "Reacharound", I didn't know you liked REAL cars, too....

Say hello to that gorgeous blonde lady for me, too...
    I'll get back to Seattle someday for another group shot..

17. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Thanks for the pics.

18. Yup, no rain all summer - both weeks of it!

19. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Always a treat to check out ya latest photo spread Mr Boones. Keep up the fine work.

20. Zumo

Zumo

Boones nice pics. I notice you have may have some feeling for 67-72 Checvy trucks. Great pics man, thanks.

21. RadirWheelsGuy

RadirWheelsGuy

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Anyone got any more shots of this car!, holy crap!

22. Gkafer

Gkafer
    from Vancouver

Thanks for all the great pic's Volksrodder (Steve) I'm glad you took a bunch as I didn't get a chance to take many....too busy enjoying the pop's.

23. Custom54

Custom54

Yes Geoff there were pops, but wasn't there something else you were enjoying also?

24. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Thank you 327-365HP and Flamed a-bone -the comments warm my heart. I really didn't know how or if it would be accepted there, nor did I really care. I was diggin' it as I was getting it ready to roll out. I had a ball with the A at Puyallup, Driving around the even is a blast, though I didn't get near enough time to do it. It was pretty much the first big show out and about for me with the coupe, though it's been somewhat completed for about 3 years now. Puyallup is an awesome event, and like a family reunion. I met so many new people, added to seeing everyone I know - it just doesn't get much better. Thanks again - Tim :)
    [​IMG]