Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Spring Perches for S10 axle into 50 Chevy Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSS BUCKLIN, Oct 7, 2020.

1. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Hi All,

I'm putting a 2003 S10 4x4 Blazer (not ZR2) axle into my 50 Deluxe. To do this I ordered an axle conversion kit from Performance online designed for later model axle coversions for 49-52 Chevy. The kit showed up with perches for a 3in axle tube, the S10 is 2 5/8. The gap requires more added material in welding than I am comfortable with so the kit is going back.

Does anyone know where to find 2 5/8 perches for an S10 axle? I know this is a common swap but so far am unable to find the right size perch online.

Thanks for any help.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

did you contact the kit supplier to find out if they have the correct perches? - if not, try summitracing.com --- how did you verify the gear ratio?

3. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Those things should be easy to make

46international likes this.
  4. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Joker, I did talk with them, all they have is perches for 3 in tubes. monkey, yes, they seem like they would be easy to make, but I am not a very good fab guy so if someone else has already gone to the trouble and I can get it for less than $50 I prefer to go that way.

Summit has 2.75 tube perches at 2.5 in wide. I'm not at the car right now, but does someone know how wide my stock leafs are?

5. I put an s10 axle in a 53 Chevy a while back k and got universal perched locally for under $20 bucks for the pair.

should be something easy to find

6. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

trailer supply place-northern tool etc-anyone that sells trailer axles

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  7. john walker

john walker

MOOG has universal perches.

8. Bakchoy

Bakchoy
    from georgia

I searched the internet for a week and never found any. I bought a 2 5/8 hole saw and made some out of 2 X 4 inch rectangular tubing. They make them for every size tube but 2 5/8 inch.

9. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

10. lowrd

lowrd

Same as #6, worked just fine and cheaper than the usual mail order speed shops.

11. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Well, I remembered that Buffalo Enterprises is just up the road about a half hour from me. That guy knows everything and does very good work so I ordered a complete installation set from him, perches, shackles bottom plate and shock mounts for stock shocks. I little steep at $165 but I know they will work and I don't have to deal with problems by mail.

12. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Axle prepped, painted, refurbished and ready for perches: IMG_1878.JPG IMG_1879.JPG

Budget36 likes this.