Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs RARE AS HENS TEETH ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by abonecollector, Oct 8, 2020.

1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I saw a nos 53 Ford grille bar at Fall Carlisle last week.

2. I have a few of them as well...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. The long one is correct for most 50's mopar.....it's that NOS clutch bearing that goes on it that's not that easy. Send me a PM.

AndersF and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Check with Browne's Auto Salvage out of Sunset, Tx. They have a site on FB if you dare. Trenton is a good guy to deal with.

5. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i saw an episode of "wheeler dealers" where they visited a shop that will cut glass from their collection to fit your application. the owner took a look at their piece and said, "i can make that from this '65 chevy window". of course, they're in LA...

6. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

California is a magical place. Not only can they make rare parts out of old common parts, but I've heard they can build full custom cars in a week as long as the cameras are rolling.
    Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Welcome to the land of dinosaurs...and it's getting tougher everyday. Keep these comments in mind when you're looking at projects. I was looking at an ad recently for an Austin Healey 100-4 that was extremely rusty. Patch panels are available, from the UK, and every one of consequence seemed to be in a range from $500 to $900 each...and it needed every one of them.

8. AndersF

AndersF

This is what i have start to looking at.
    That virus thing have not helped me either.
    We are not allowed to have events with more and 50 people wich mean no carshows or swapmeets since mars.

The most Dodge:s and De Soto:s here was the export models based on Plymouths.
    Very few US models of Dodge and De Soto where sold and more and less no pick ups.
    Most of the Chryslers had fluid drive.
    But i have 2 complete NOS throwout bearing assemblys in my stash.

9. How about finding Parts for a .. 1935 Chrysler Airstream Eight Conv. coupe
    Dual Side mounts Rumble seat.

Just m y 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

10. Spooky

Spooky

I'll play-
    Edsel Dealership items have caught my fancy lately. A fellow Edsel enthusiast on the book of faces scored a NOS Edsel show room floor mat. It measures 6' by 3' and was still in the shipping container.

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  11. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's why I've been at the restoration for 22 years. It's all got to be fabricated. Anybody got Madison Kipp lubricator? IMG_20201010_134139.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Spooky likes this.
  12. The descriptive adjective "rare" is most often used by sellers to pump up the price. Just sayin'. Plenty of stuff is rare because they were stinkers and evolutionary dead ends.
    People usually bought things that were well designed, successful concepts and this tended to get a few more in circulation. Sure, there are also plenty of very cool things that were made in very limited amounts or have very few survivors....... or both. No way am I an expert, but for about 10 years now, I have been buying/refurbishing/reselling vintage accessories at swap meets and online. More than a few times I've come across collectors who have dozens, even hundreds, of the same"rare" pieces on display in their man-caves.
    Tell me something is "hard to find so take it or leave it". I get that. Just don't blow some rare smoke up my a55.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  13. X-cpe

X-cpe

Nah, just get tired, pick a spot and sit down.

14. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

I have an OT rare car finally found a part I've needed for 20+ years at Carlyle this summer (4th time going was charm) then proceeded to drive off with it sitting on the tonneau cover of my DD pickup leaving the hotel for the 600 mile trip home.....so I need more hen's teeth obviously it didn't make it

15. You can make a mold/buck and lay a piece of 1/8 in lexan on it and heat it with a welding torch from about 18 inches away and it'll lay right down on it. I did a 56 Ford pickup wrap around windshield like that and it worked ok.