Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Sold my Buick...what did you sell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptop40, Oct 8, 2020.

1. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well well , after this Covid nonsense , glad to have sold my 40 Buick , going to a fellow hamber...had so many plans......wishing all you hambers are doing well...life goes on...

Attached Files:

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Congrats . I sold my ‘27 T Tudor last week. More time to focus on my ‘48 “Effie” if the wife ever decides to slack off on the honey do list .

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  3. Congrat on the sale.
    Cleaning house here also
    Sold a chopper project. a lot of parts.
    I still have a full Running chopper to sell and bunch of parts.

I brought home an old project I had in storage and basically have to get of rid of stuff to make space.

In the mean time. Lots of good deals popping up here and there. Like anyone need more projects to not finish.

yeah the honny do. installed all windows around the house myself. May Rebuild a deck and shade. Installed a garage door.

Of course there is work to be done on the Caddy also.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    41rodderz likes this.
  4. Terraizer

Terraizer

Sold a few this year. 1941 Desoto 3 window coupe (New Mexico), 1950 Plymouth 3 window coupe (Denver), a Corvair convertable (local), a International Scout (Idaho), a square body chevy (Pueblo). And hope to sell a couple others before the end of the year

TrailerTrashToo and 41rodderz like this.

5. Oh the pressure !!!!

Hnstray and LOU WELLS like this.
  6. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Traded the '52 Olds crusher for two 3 ft Tupperware tubs full of carbs.

Hnstray likes this.
  7. poco

poco
    from oklahoma

I am not having any luck selling my car, 46 ford.

jetnow1 likes this.
  8. Sold my Olds a couple of weeks ago, transport showed up on Wednesday and it's now on it's way to Torrance, CA.

9. 2017 5 winder Dr Pepper 004.jpg Have sold 6 this year and bought 5- This is the last 1 sold went to the new caretaker in Oregon

Hnstray, Hamtown Al, belair and 2 others like this.
  10. ^^That 32 is really beautiful, I love that color!
    Sold my 56 Chevrolet couple of weeks back.
    Now thinking about selling something else. I still have too many.

da34guy likes this.
  11. Mac is a stand up guy! Build that 49 now...

12. topher5150

topher5150

I loaded up the rest of the coupe body into my daily driver and sold it to the junkyard. Kind of sucks that I didn't get to use more of it IMG_20200929_142306446.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

The Current Cars/Parts Market Is Musical Chairs...When The Music Stops That Is What You Get To Keep...Fine With Me... 119461682_2743946712596259_6339689404058959045_o.jpg

Hamtown Al likes this.
  14. Crestliner

Crestliner

Sold my 50 Crestliner complete parts car yesterday. Was holding on to it in case my driver needed some of the rare parts.
    The driver isn’t used much anymore so it needs to go next.

15. 004AC146-CA10-4497-AB86-C26571E689A0.jpeg

Sold my merc to a guy in England.
    Big old barge would not fit in the garage at the new house !

Joe Travers and wood remover like this.
  16. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I've had a '66 Triumph chopper for about fifteen years, finally let that go this year. I didn't ride it anymore, people are crazy. I've always been a car guy not a bike guy anyway. Other than that I'm usually a buyer not a seller.

17. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

I sold my 1927 Tall T coupe, and bought a 1946 Ford long door coupe.

18. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tempted to buy something....please talk me out of it...

19. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. In the middle of trying to clean house a little so I can pay some stuff off as well as focus on some needed house projects. Anyway, I think I may have my 66 C10 sold and have found that it is hard to give away a Corvair that I also need to sell. Oh, and since I recently got a car back that had been loaned to a friend for a couple years, considering whether I really need to keep my daily driver Thunderbird...

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  21. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Life demands changes as we all move along in our timeline. Today, it has caused a lot of problems for most everyone. Some still deny any problems, but, the destruction does not lie. We have to part with some things of value and it is just a part of life moving on to the next phase. (The title of the thread seems like our dad's theme, as a Buick fanatic all of his lifetime.)

Our motto has always been, sell one, buy one, until the housing demanded stay with one for a long time. There was no where to put a new purchase. Our old Long Beach home had a two car garage. It was fine for our dad’s big Buick sedans taking up the whole garage space. The driveways were empty and the backyard had a nice grass area near our patio and a great looking rose garden with a trellis fence separating that deep backyard recreation room called a rumpus room.

So, there was nowhere to park another vehicle, except to make the entry and exits for our dad a little tighter in the small two car garage. When my brother got his 51 Oldsmobile sedan, it fit in the two car garage. But, we had to cut some front cabinets to allow the nose and front bumper to neatly slide in and allow the Oldsmobile sedan to fit with the garage door down.
    upload_2021-8-9_3-59-48.png

Jnaki

upload_2021-8-9_4-0-48.png
    Over time, each of us had a teenage hot rod. There were two cars in the garage, 58 Impala and a 57 Buick. But, where was my sedan delivery going to park overnight? Definitely not on the street or even in our front driveway. So, it was on the concrete pad just before the garage door. But, our dad left early for work and I had to get up to move my sedan delivery, so he could leave.

By 1964, there was a jam up in our yard. My brother was now into creating custom live-in interior items for vans of all kinds, from Fords to VW vans. So, his van was parked there. My sedan delivery was also there on the grass. Since we had cleared out the deep backyard,(during our Willys build) that was the new home for the sedan delivery. An Impala and Buick Riviera in the two car garage, a VW custom van in the grass/concrete area and a Ford Sedan Delivery in the deep back yard.
    upload_2021-8-9_4-3-2.png
    As life moves on, we had cleared out the jam up that filled up our backyard. My brother moved to Los Angeles, I sold the sedan delivery and Impala to fund my college years. I now owned a nice red 1965 El Camino that joined the Riviera in the two-car garage.
    upload_2021-8-9_4-3-52.png
    It was definitely difficult to see the sedan delivery go to the next guy and then seeing it parked in front of a surf shop in Orange County. The Impala was still cruising around the Bixby Knolls area for the next several years with its new younger owner. And now, our backyard was in its normal nice grassy yard mode. But, in doing so, it was hard to see those friends (Hot rods/drag race Willys Coupe) we had driven for plenty of miles and years leave the yard to find their own new adventures. YRMV

bchctybob likes this.
  22. Sold my '50 Coupe late last year and still haven't replaced it with anything, looking but asking prices are sky high.:rolleyes: HRP

23. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

No respect for your health!

24. Sold these two about a week ago now. Still trying to sell my thunderbird... Not looking to replace any of them with anything, but just finish my boys projects and fix a few things on my 56 that have been neglected too long.

BBA6A2D8-CBF3-482C-A83A-B5094A24A4E8.jpeg IMG_1350[1].JPG

25. Don't let this get political. HRP

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  26. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

A6F0156B-2952-4FB4-9562-385A8FF2C338.jpeg i’ve sold off a number of cars over the past few years… just a couple more to go… if i keep just one it probably will be the 41 cad.

guthriesmith likes this.
  27. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

have the 51 Chrysler in my avatar...ill keep or sell...Plandemedic shut my un essential business and the shop was sold ...just 2 years of developing the property , work and poof....Governors suck

28. bchctybob

bchctybob

Sold my ‘56 on Craigslist a week ago, first guy bought it. I’m pretty sure that we will be selling off the Corvair and my Austin gasser in the near future. I hope they sell as quickly as the Chevy. That will leave me with two projects and two running hot rods, more than enough to keep me busy.
    8ECC98E0-02D2-43CB-ACF7-6B908F7551A3.jpeg

olscrounger and guthriesmith like this.
  29. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sold my '37 Chevy coupe I had for 35 years, 2-1/2 years ago and regret it every day.

30. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

We've been thinking about selling the wife's OT 88 FBird, but I don't think I can get what I need to out of it, 3rd gens just aren't bringing what they should be. If we could get rid of it, I could get new wheels, tires, and a AC for my Lincoln. If not, I'll just have to keep saving up for the big money items.