Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello and thank you

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Marv 49, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Marv 49

Marv 49

IMG_3363.JPG

I was fortunate to become the new care taker of my grandpas 49 Mercury. The car has a lot of memories for me and my wife. We drove it to her senior prom and also in our wedding. Now I get to share it with our kids. The car is a good driver minus the bias ply tires that I am currently looking for replacement tires for. Other things I will be searching the site for is a dual temp gauge setup and an improved ignition system. Thanks for the addition!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Great looking car. A wealth of information on here. Best of luck.

3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. WOW, that is really nice. My thoughts are be careful in what you wish for in an "improved" ignition system. With what you now have you can easily clean and re gap the points if they fail. If you go with an electronic ignition if it fails you are dead where it sits until go you go to the parts store and get a new module. I d not have links for the Fords & Mercury's as I do not own one but others here should be able to post your best choices for the gauges. Keep us updated as you go. Jimmie