Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Dearborn deuce terminology?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65standard, Oct 7, 2020.

1. What exactly does the term Dearborn Deuce mean?

What about sweetheart roadster?

2. 5window

5window

Dearborn Deuce is a company that manufactures a 1932 Ford-type roadster. Since Dearborn is where Henry Ford was born and also the home of the giant River Rouge Ford plant, I am guessing that may be name is in reference/association with the Ford we all know.

Lil32 likes this.
  3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Means it’s not a 32 Ford to me... Another imitation for the masses who want what it offers.

X38 and WiredSpider like this.
  4. It's not a term, it's brand. A brand of repro roadster bodies. Although, not replica accurate because they have a modern convertible top and stow away lid thing like on new cars and wind up windows.

Lil32 and dirt t like this.

5. Oh okay, it’s a company name like Brookville Roadsters. Thanks everyone.

clem likes this.
  6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, Nicely built they have a rollup side window that mates to a special windshield post that is wind and water proof. Fold away top door cutout is another sign to look for. Bob

Hamtown Al likes this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Normally seen as a "street rod" body by folks here rather than a "hot rod" body.
    I'm leaving the photo small so hopefully the moderators won't give me a smackdown for showing an example. No steel body was harmed here.
    It's actually a modern take on a Deuce cabriolet far more than it is a roadster. No matter how traditional you try to make one look if you use that body, the guys at Lonestar Roundup are going to park you way out back with the rusty mid 60's pickups and rat rods.

Attached Files:

8. Had mine at Loan Star Roundup and other traditional events. Never a problem being accepted to an event.
    65standard, if you'd like to see one close up send me a pm and I'd get down to your place. Phil
    tapatalk_1544536534917.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  9. The37Kid

The37Kid

There is a blue one that rolls with The Rolling Bones, so I think they may be accepted. Bob

Hamtown Al likes this.
  10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Gees, thats what what the Street Rodder events used to do for my shoebox.:(

lothiandon1940 and 5window like this.
  11. prpmmp

prpmmp

This Sweetheart Roadster(Matt from Irontrap Garage and a HAMB member )

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I built one about 15 years ago when they first came out. I remember the sheet metal was exceptionally nice and needed minimal prep for paint. It was a very high quality product. I had it in my booth at the Nat's in Louisville twice, once in bare metal and once finished and it was well received. It went to Japan and disappeared.

13. goldmountain

goldmountain

I went to Deuce Days in Victoria last summer and was amazed by how many Dearborn Deuces showed up. They must have sold a lot of them.