Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage OCT8-10th! Ocean city MD Endless Summer Who's going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThisOneGoesTo11, Oct 6, 2020.

1. https://www.facebook.com/events/oce...r-cruisin-2020-ocean-city-md/733211063821197/

Hi guys!

In my area there's only been one show, the Old Mill Car Show, in Conowingo MD: the '64 Merc barely made there due to stalling out (I'm switching out the '69 Lincoln parts carb for the proper 4100 shoebox) and very late shifting --I believe it may be/hope it is vacuum modulator on the Merc-O-Matic trans. So, as a total lame-O----- I'll be in OCMD in one of my off-topics, probably the Marauder.

Can't fix the '64 in time, my FIL is in bad shape in the nursing home and I promised I'd revamp a junky wall "hanger" 1873 Winchester 24" sporter, 32 cal...he had for years...Just trying to cheer him up and he really, really !...responded to the idea, so now I'm scrambling to find parts for this stripped carcass. (the prior caretakers removed the magazine tube and jammed a curtain rod in it's place! thus making it a single shot rifle)

Anyone going to Ocean City? (Look for a big goof/Herman Munster in a Marauder T shirt...)

chevy57dude likes this.
  2. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

After the tuner show riot, I am sure the OC cops are ready for a bunch of middle aged guys and gals in their fancy rides. Enjoy the weekend and the beach!

chevy57dude and Just Gary like this.
  3. I am in town from upstate NY going to be there with my 56 Dodge Hobos Hot Rod Garage IMG_0517.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jalopy Joker and chevy57dude like this.
  4. Great! If I see that excellent/truly unique truck , I'll stop/say hi. There will be 10 OT red Chevelles (a fine car in its own right) but guarantee only one like yours...by the way, that's helluva nice lettering on there...

56 Dodge Pickup likes this.

5. Usually make it, but recovering from recent back surgery. That especially sucks considering the spring OC show was canceled due to the "China flu"...
    Nevertheless, have fun!

6. Just a word of caution, Stay away from OC!!!
    I have long been a participant and supporter of this show but tonight has changed my mind!!! OCPD is fine/impound crazy!!!
    They are impounding cars for No hoods, No fenders, loud exhaust, modified suspension.. ECT.. So unless you are driving a very stock old car stay away...
    I found out even good safe law abiding driving behavior doesn't keep you safe from the persecution!
    I took my vacation this week to be there but after tonight I will not be going back...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. .....This doesn't come as a surprise, sadly. The residents of OC have been less than enamored with the various car shows for a few years now and after the debacle of last weekend and the foolish behavior exhibited by the h20i crowd, I think car shows in Ocean City are probably done.

8. The few ruin it for the many.

ratrodrodder and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. ............Always seems to be the case.:(

10. I could understand being pulled over if I was doing something stupid, spinning tires, speeding, revving my engine, etc...
    But my 69 year old father and I were just putting along in my Model A coupe.
    When they gave me a unsafe vehicle citation for having a brake light out! A 70 dollar ticket! And they threatened to have me towed!!! It's the first ticket I'be had EVER.

Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. .........I feel your pain, man. It just isn't right, but you got caught up in the frenzy of emotions that were spurred by the antics of the few idiots. At least it's a no-points ticket. Best just to move on and consider it a life lesson learned. Steer clear of Ocean City going forward.

12. When the car show becomes a drunkfest party I'm out . It seems the law has stepped up their enforcement that is unfair to the good car guys/gals who want to enjoy the hobby. This result stemming from the wrong crowd abusing the streets. (H2Oi)...Law enforcement sending a message. Also Covid has hurt the city revenue so lets make it up on tickets .

13. Unfortunately, Speedhunters' perspective (and the comments after it) corroborate Don's thoughts. :(:rolleyes:
    http://www.speedhunters.com/2020/10/h2oi-the-beginning-of-the-end/

14. Yes sir Don! I never would have believed it! Lesson learned: it doesn't matter how well mannered, respectful and law abiding you are, you are not welcome in Ocean City.
    I won't set foot in Communist OC again!

15. IMG_36511.jpg Waiting for my ride out of OC...
    Never thought I'd be considered a criminal...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  16. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Can they legally impound a car with out of states plates, even if your car is compliant in your home state? Several years ago my wife and I were pulled over in Rhode Island by a real "Dirty Harry" type of cop, a real prick. Thinking back about it I should of reported him for some of the things he said. The reason that he pulled us over was because my Deuce Roadster is fenderless and apparently RI has a fender law. He was pissed that everything else was in order so he only issued me a warning ticket, because I was out of state.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  18. I dont know if its legal but they sure as heck are doing it! I have been driving fenderless/hoodless cars for 11 years with never anything but a thumbs up from the Police! I have always respected them, obeyed the law and they have never bothered me... Until now.

To be clear I still have the utmost respect and support for the Police.
    They have a tough job!

But the OCPD and the Mayor Rick Meehan do not want you in thier town, I get the impression Even Mr.Safety Wally Parks himself wouldnt be welcome.

19. .....If it makes you feel just a little bit better, you can bring that righteous Model A to my town anytime........:D;)

20. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Same with me Valentines, I'm 100% pro police but this guy was over the top. "We don't want your kind (hot rodder's) in our state, "You people are nothing but trouble", "I'm sure if I search your car I will find drugs". As I said I should have reported him but the last thing I wanted was to start anything, my wife and I just wanted to get the heck out of there! By the way at the time I was 62 years old, not some smart alec kid.

21. Thank you Don! I was hoping to go to Jalopyrama but that was canceled

Woodie believe me when I say I was "Yes Sir, No Sir" during the stop... Its just how I was raised. Honestly I couldnt belive I was being pulled!

Also my apologies to the OP.
    I just wanted to offer a warning to all the HAMBERS that may be going...

22. Sorry to read about that. I was out late last night and have been out all morning, only saw one car (late model Caddy) getting pulled over. Lots of fenderless cars including R*t rods out here, no one is getting hassled that I saw, of course there are a few late model mustang guys with cutouts making a racket. I talked to some residents and they were relieved it's the old car crowd this week and not the H2Oi crowd. Apparently the H20i crew blocked off the entire street, when the cops showed up they threw rocks at the cops!

23. jim snow

jim snow

I’m sure that the police know that we are a far different group. I think the promoter needs to get with the powers that be and do some explaining about us. We are generally law abiding and respectful as a group. We also spend lots of dough when we are there.jmho. Snowman

24. Snowman,
    They do know that we are a different group. one of the four officers that stopped me even said so and told me that they really liked my car and took pictures of my hand painted American flag on the deck lid... But I still got a ticket.

As far as the promoters go one of my close friends is an officer in the club that puts it on. He has related to me several times before about being in the planning meeting and how much the Mayor dislikes the car shows and the car people. I see this as the end of what was a really nice family event. Something I have looked forward to every year!
    It has ruined my week.

To all that are down there I sincerely wish you Luck!

25. jim snow

jim snow

Well that stinks for you guys. It will be the City’s loss. I have been to Jalopyrama in Easton and the whole county was very welcoming.Its a great show. Also you might want to try the Run to the Sun show in Myrtle Beach in March. Same thing everyone is happy to have hot rodders in town for a week. Snowman