Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not “New”.... just returning...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Olds_Powered_29, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Olds_Powered_29

Olds_Powered_29

Hi y’all. Not new, but back after an 8 or so year hiatus... couldn’t remember all my old credentials and decided to have a fresh start.. things sure look different around here. Got heavy in to bikes for a bit and after pawning my old 55 chev off to get in to the vintage harley game, I’m starting to get the love back for hot rodding.

I have a ‘29 Tudor sedan that’s presently a very slow moving project (think real cold molasses). It’s a project my old man started back before I was born, that’s now mine to finish. It’s chopped 4”, will be a full fendered car lightly modeled after the Jack Chrisman ‘29 sedan. Have a full set of early Ford 16” wheels that’s will go on with Lincoln type drums up front and what ever works on the back. It has a ‘56 Olds 324 (if anyone has a lead on some #10, #14, or #16 heads.. I’d appreciate it), currently has an Offy 6x2 with 94’s (likely replacing with dual quad for economic reasons), a full set of NOS McGurk 1.5:1 rocker arms, a vintage Mallory dual-point distributor, and a very nice vintage Engle - grind 238 (short duration competition) solid roller cam. Will get a 4spd Muncie M-21. Presently has an early Corvette IRS that will be getting replaced with a winters V8 quick change with the early Ford type bells. If anyone has to have that ‘Vette rear let me know.

IMG_6407.JPG

IMG_6406.JPG

I also have a ‘59 Edsel Villager wagon but that’s a whole different can of worms.. if anyone has a parts car with available trim pieces... or a couple ‘60 Chevy truck hoods layin around.. let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Tim, sawbuck and OzMerc39 like this.
  2. Welcome back to the HAMB from Illinois. Looking forward to seeing some progress on the A sedan.
    Phil

Olds_Powered_29 likes this.
  3. Love those Olds engines. Looks like anice project. Good to see your back. Will be following along....

Olds_Powered_29 likes this.
  4. Welcome to the HAMB (& back to it) from a land far far away ... the land downunder Australia.

Enjoy

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks like a fun project let’s see more!