Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical good machine shop

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by gdrummer, Oct 5, 2020.

1. gdrummer

gdrummer

i have come to this site for advice many times since discovering chevy inline 6s about 5 years ago. i have received very good info and direction and so with that in mind i thought this forum would be a great source for a machine shop.

i have decided to rebuild my 292 and since this will be my first rebuild, i welcome any and all advice. what i need now is a machine shop in either the tucson/phoenix area or anywhere in Az, that has experience with these motors and also, is willing to do the work.

right now i'm looking for someone that can do the head, including tom lowe's hump plates, valves, guides, springs and decking. i also want the block cleaned and magnafluxed, and also, the crank balanced.

i could also use the name of a supplier that handles engine rebuild kits for this motor. when i had my 235 rebuilt, i used a supplier that had a wide range of kits/options but, i can't remember where i got mine.
    thanks and i'm looking forward to hearing from all the "inliners" out there!

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

3. Perhaps @squirrel might have some insight as it's near his area.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  4. squirrel

squirrel

I don't have any recommendations, sorry.

5. mopacltd

mopacltd

Morrison Machine in Glendale, AZ 602)937-4705

6. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

hanford auto supply y block experts hanford cali ..
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

7. fortynut

fortynut

I know it's probably bad juju to mention another site to check out (while on my favorite site);; but having been bitten hard by the inliner bug in my wasted youth; having worked for 'The Rocket Scientist' who dared go with Jimmy Sixes, where no other has gone with these wonders; and owned more than a few six bangers over the years myself, let me suggest not as an answer to your question, but as a place to read about the pursuits, failures and successes of like minded crazies, that you look at the goings on at Inliners International. This is not an endorsement of their product, nor have I been given remuneration to mention them --- it's just an idle thought that passed my mind, and I realize you may also visit there yourself. As Honest Charlie used to say 'Nuff Said.

8. 6inarow

6inarow

9. When I read the title I thought OK.Clicked on the thread and up pops a novel of what you want and no location in your avatar. I am not into reading novels to find out where you live and if you cannot put it in and complete your profile page then sorry. I would recommend simmons machine in Hurricane WV but do not know where you are.

10. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Any automotive machine shop can do all that you require, other than the "Tom Lowe's hump plates", whatever that is.