Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Flatattack Racing parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Iron Crank, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Iron Crank

Iron Crank

Is Flatattack Racing in Australia a reliable source for parts?

2. Iron Crank

Iron Crank

The reason I ask is I ordered two throttle bodies and paid for them in late July. I expected prompt shipment and he never said otherwise. I had to ask twice when they might be shipped. At first, I basically got, "be patient." Only after pressing did I get an expected ETA, which we passed a couple of weeks ago. No response when I asked for an update recently. Have I been screwed?

3. Did you request a tracking number ? My last shipment from East USA to New Zealand took almost a month by air...the Covid has really screwed up the freight frequency I guess...

4. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Only a month ,you must have had express delivery to NZ. A lot of stuff from the US to down under now comes via Japan ,one package that we filed a claim for eventually turned up after 4 months , shipped via a migrating turtle. It could well be the same deal from down under to the US.
    Maybe Mike Davidson does not have product in stock and has to manufacture things as they are ordered.

KiWinUS likes this.

5. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

I think amate if mine got some from this company for his Chevy 6, I’ll check and get back to your.

6. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Yep a reliable source, just sometimes a little slow to send parts. He won't have ripped you off, I have bought a number of parts from him, always delivers, and Mike has a good reputation in Australia. Parts are also taking a long time to travel between Australia and the US, a lot longer than usual.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  7. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

You won't get ripped off you are dealing with a Australian

51504bat, Desoto291Hemi and waxhead like this.
  8. Flatattack has a good reputation, Australia post hasn’t, and made worse by what’s going on.
    All of the shipping joints, at the moment are consolidating it seems, I’ve had gear come from the US lately leaving one state,to be bounced around other states then via Europe and Asia, only to arrive in Aussie and sit in the postal system for another couple of weeks.
    You ain’t no orphan!

Kiwi 4d and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  9. There is a huge backlog due to lack of planes flying. Fedex I know for one has a huge backlog. It's a global problem.

10. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

This was what my mate said,
    Chased him once by email he said was waiting on components to come in seemed genuine askedcoiple tech questions after that he was helpful and had to order some wiring plugs for sensors he sent those promptly

11. acme30

acme30
    from Australia

I have ordered from Mike on a number of occasions and never had any issues or complaints.

I can tell you that parts I have ordered within Aust (from other suppliers) and from the USA are taking months to get here at the moment and even if you have tracking at present it usually is not much good because the parts simply aren't moving through the shipping / supply chain.

My assumption is that there will be the same delays getting parts sent out of the country.

12. DemonOfSpeed

DemonOfSpeed

I also am having a bit of an issue with Flatattack. I ordered a set of Kong cylinder heads from him in mid October 2020. I have yet to recieve anything. The first eta I got after a coupe "be paitient" emails was a month. After a few more emails, I found out that the heads haven't even been cast yet (wasn't made clear that this was the situation at the time of purchase) After a 3 or 4 "it will ship next week" emails I asked for my money back. That was about a month ago.. Didn't get my money back yet. He now seems reluctant to respond to my emails. Its very frustrating. Do any of our Australian members know him or can talk to him? I know times are tough, but I feel like i keep getting excuses from Mike. All I want is the truth.

13. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Years ago I used to sell Mikes Flathead fuel injection units and even then it was always at least a month from his shipping until I received the unit. With the current situation I can't imagine it got any faster. Mike is a small 1 man operation with a lot of irons in the fire.

14. We ship world wide, and had a package just show up that we sent in August!

kidcampbell71 likes this.