Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Ol 40-adios!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olscrounger, Sep 30, 2020.

1. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I guess it was time. This was the 3rd 40 we built out of 14. It was done in 07 and has been a great car!! Won many awards and was a strong runner and stone reliable. With the virus stuff and other issues helping family we realized it had only been driven 76 miles in a year!! It went to a good home back east and is with my old 57 Fuely and my son's 40-yes I miss it! On the hunt for another but virus has us locked down. Still have a bunch of 40 parts to use up. Guess I need to change my avatar now.

Attached Files:

2. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Great Looking Coupe And Knowing The Quality Of Your Work Someone Got A Gem...There Are More Projects That Will Need Saved If You Are Again Brave... 0433c6_fdc7d19f198e4fc4a65ed55154faa060_jpg_srz_147_89_75_22_0_50_1_20_0.jpg

Thor1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. That was sure a nice looking coupe..good luck with your search for another.
    You've mentioned a p/u in the past, is that what you intend to replace it with?

Thor1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Somebody got a great 40, from the King of 40's!

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

I am assuming it is staying in the family? Your son? Hopefully...

Thor1 likes this.
  6. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THX all-looking but as said virus has us locked down-guys calling wanting me to build them a coupe or a pickup but I don't build for others as a rule-build em my way then if they like em I sell em' There is still a strong market for quality cars. No Roothawg--went to a collector back east.

Irish Mike, slim38, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  7. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

The hobby and many 40 lovers are better off because of premier, first class builders like you olscrounger. I am happy to hear that you have one more 40 in your future.

belair, Thor1, LOU WELLS and 4 others like this.
  8. I know that it must have been emotional seeing it leave. Not just a beautiful '40, but like all of your others, a work of art...Don.

40FORDPU, hotrodjack33, Thor1 and 5 others like this.
  9. That was a beauty. Done a convertible yet?

Thor1 likes this.
  10. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

That was a beautiful car. I’ve yet to see any of the many you’ve built not be tastefully done each having their own “look” and many fine details. Best of luck finding another for your next creation.
    I’m sure many of us would appreciate if you posted pics of all your builds on the 40 Ford
    soon to be 81st birthday thread that’s been ongoing for the last 5 years.:D

LOU WELLS, lothiandon1940 and Thor1 like this.
  11. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

here's some-the cmg coupe with the convert is a different deluxe (sold the pair in 2005)-have done 3 coupes, a convert and a woody in CMG The CMG deluxe shown with the convert surfaced at the GNRS a few years back-guy called me and bought it. Had it repainted black a couple of years ago and I heard it just went to Kentucky.The tan std was a favorite too--nicest body we ever started with.
    Funny story-a few years ago we were at Hot August Nights and had been picked as one of the Judges picks. It was on the stage at the Grand Sierra. Some cool breeze guy came over with a few others guys. Starts telling them all about it and how his friends built the car and he knew all about it. I walked over and asked him about it he said yes he knew the guys that built it! I told him I have never seen you before. He said what? I said I built it. He looked shocked then and his friends kinda gave him some shit as did the Judge who had picked it-he scurried off rather quickly-don't know where these BS artists come from but they are out here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  12. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

13. Each one...........Outstanding!

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Wow, what a great collection of '40s you've built! I see you are in Roseville -- My in-laws aren't too far away, in Woodland.

lothiandon1940 and olscrounger like this.
  15. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

All Excellent Restorations And The BS Guy Story Says Volumes...

olscrounger likes this.
  16. Your cars always have ‘The Look’ timeless in build style and all the little details of fit and finish and restraint that make them standouts. Congrats on your sale and glad that someone else will be able to reap the benefits of your skilled work.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

King of the 40's is an understatement !!!
    A truly amazing series of Forty Ford builds.

18. Actually liked that green on your coupe.....although I'm looking for a right kinda maroon color for my 1939 coupe....good on you for passing it on for others to hopefully get it out and enjoy..........