Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Back in black with a '51 Olds!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 1stGrumpy, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Summer has come and gone but not a lot has changed. With all the car shows being canceled I didn't get much behind the wheel time in, a couple of local cruise's and that was all.
    Got quite a bit done on the o.t. El Camino but not much on the Olds. Did manage to get the king pins replaced along with new front brakes and I replaced all 4 wheel cylinders with new ones. Man, they sure are proud of those little suckers! Also, got the front end aligned and the car handles pretty damn good. Nice to be able to sit back and drive it without feeling like I had been in a wrestling match.
    Getting ready to head out, tomorrow morning, to Dewey, Ok. for the "Lead Ain't Dead" show. It will be nice to see "all the Kat's" again. Sure hated that the "StrayKat 500" had to be canceled back in May so I'm really looking forward to this weekend!
    Later...

2. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Be sure to take lots of pictures!
    Stay safe!

loudbang and 1stGrumpy like this.
  3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look forward to seeing ya. Praying for Happy Trails fr you and the Olds.

4. Thanks Mick...

loudbang likes this.
  5. See you tomorrow Jim! I’m heading out early AM hoping to meet everyone at Starbirds by 10

loudbang and 1stGrumpy like this.
  6. A couple of pictures from "Lead Ain't Dead" this past weekend... 51.jpg 52.JPG 53.JPG 54.jpg 55.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  7. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce A Lyke, loudbang and 1stGrumpy like this.
  8. Thank you...

loudbang likes this.
  9. This was a hell of a way to end a great weekend... wheel cover came off less than a quarter mile from the house and took the skirt with it 56.JPG . Nothing bent but skirt suffered some road rash!

10. Oh man, stinks about the cap and skirt! Car sure looked good this weekend! Good to see ya! Hopefully we are on the downhill slide of all this mess and we can all start getting back together and everything not being cancelled. ;)

11. You too, Dave. I'll second that "Hopefully we are on the downhill side of all this mess..."!

TrailerTrashToo, loudbang and drdave like this.
  12. Good meeting you this weekend! And, like I told you at the hotel, I sure like your Olds!

loudbang and drdave like this.
  13. It was good to finally meet you as well.

loudbang and guthriesmith like this.
  14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool pic! The two cars looked kool parked together.

loudbang likes this.
  15. Thanks Mick! I thought it was kool as well. I really got a kick out of some of the people, they would look at one and then the other two or three times. lol
    Thanks for the great times and kool kars, we had a ball!

loudbang and straykatkustoms like this.
  16. loudbang

loudbang

Looks like you better check for a cut on the tire it looks a little low. :)

17. Thanks...

loudbang likes this.
  18. Went around town Thursday to get an estimate on refinishing my right side skirt and the three chips behind the wheel well, they varied anywhere from $450.00 to $1050.00 and one week to four weeks out! Purposely skipped Flores Body Shop because it took so long for him to do my '57 Belair, very nice work but slow as hell. Well, after getting the response's that I got from the others I decided to stop by his place and see what he could do. He promised me that he could have it finished Friday evening or Saturday at the latest. O.k., being that I'm such a nice guy or is it that I'm a soft touch? Anyway, I left the car and told him to call me when it's done, he called me this morning and said that I could come pick it up around 3:30pm. True to his word, it was done and looks great!
    61.JPG

Tim, kidcampbell71, slim38 and 8 others like this.
  19. ....like it never happened. Looks great!

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Olds is all dressed up and waiting.... Looks great!

loudbang, 1stGrumpy and drdave like this.
  21. Well, this will be the last post on the Olds, it is heading to it's new owner in Torrance, Ca.!
    However.... watch for my new post's on the '56 Ford Fairlane that I bought this afternoon. Your gonna like it!

22. Well this is a surprise! Looking forward to your new adventures with the Ford!

54delray likes this.
  23. The guy that I was telling you about, in Dewey, contacted me when I got back home. He wire transferred the asking price plus paid half of what it cost to fix the side skirt. I'm just waiting for someone to come get it!

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Kool, I'm always amazed what kool ride ends up in your driveway. The new owner will enjoy the ride.

54delray and 1stGrumpy like this.
  25. Wow! That's a deal hard to pass up right there! Awesome!

54delray likes this.
  26. Thanks Mick. This is more in line with what I had in mind for a kool kruiser. The Olds was nice but I wasn't really crazy about the extra doors or the profile!

27. Yeah, the difference between what I got for the Olds and what I paid for the '56, leaves a little over 4k in the "things I want to do to it" kitty!

28. Rand Man

Rand Man

I just discovered your thread. Good information here. I like your car.

1stGrumpy likes this.
  29. Thank you...