Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hey Toploader guys, I have a question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hackman, Sep 27, 2020.

1. So I have a 51 F1 I am building with a Tunnel Port 427 and a toploader. I know that the trans came from a 66 Fairlane GT 390 (HEH CL) and has the C60R-7A040-C extension housing. I am planning on running the bench seat in the truck and the factory shifter even clears the seat but I want to run a Comp Plus shifter for obvious reasons. My question is, what intsall kit could I use with this current extension housing to get the shifter at least where is is if not forward of the factory shifter location? Any info is much appreciated.

BH

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Check with Dan Williams Toploader Transmissions. He has all the info and parts for anything to do with toploaders and installation kits for Hurst shifter applications.
    He has a website, and best way to contact is to go there and get the phone number, pay attention to the time zones and the times he asks you to call and then keep calling at those times till you get him.
    David Kee is also a source on this info and parts

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The adapter plate that bolts to the tailhousing positions the shifter. You most likely will be making your own. But where does that mounting area fall now in relation to where you want the shifter? That will give you an idea of what you may need. A picture would help.

4. Well I guess I thought maybe the Ford guys may have had a known combination is all. Yes I can make the entire set up but if I didn't have to I wouldn't haha. Thanks anyway all.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

also, take a look at davidkeetoploaders.com - - fordfe.com -- fepower.net

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

As several of us have already said, Dan Williams, David Kee, and fordfe,com should have the info and I do know that Williams and Kee also have parts available, All it takes is a phone:rolleyes: