Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 59 coupe deVille

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Departed, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Departed

Departed
    from Canada

What do you think this car could be worth?
    Owner says it drives and runs very nicely. I don't have much for details cause I havnt seen the car in person.
    Anyone here know the pain and anguish of owning/fixing such a vehicle ?? I can do the bodywork/metalwork myself. Good friend of mine is a body man he just loves to come and work on old cars so that'll be cheap labour (I can get away paying him with beer)
    What are the worse parts of fixing those 2 cars? (Only one car but the size of it is worth two ha!) where are the spots I should be looking at that would make it or break it
    View attachment 4821196
    IMG_0905.JPG IMG_0908.JPG IMG_0907.JPG IMG_0906.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[​IMG]

Attached Files:

j-jock and VANDENPLAS like this.
  2. 2935ford

2935ford

Not sure of today's value but at one time these things sold for a pile of money!
    Good luck! :)

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  3. Depends on a lot of things - is it a Coupe DeVille or a series 62? How complete is it? Most little trim bits for these are available as repops, but not cheap. That fender looks like it has had a good layer of bog which has let go- how many more areas are there like this? What are the floors like under that carpet? Unless you can check this out yourself, or can get a trusted person to do it for you, you may be buying a project that may send you broke. Mechanically these aren't too bad, fairly simple, but once again parts will cost you. It doesn't look too bad, but selective photography can be a seller's best friend.

Departed likes this.
  4. Departed

Departed
    from Canada

Those are the questions I'm asking myself.. I wish I could go see it.
    Guy wants 25k CAD. ... i find it's too much... maybe 17K CAD would be more reasonable. It all depends on what the floors and undercarriage looks like. Seems like the passenger side got damaged, hence the body filler on the front fender coming off. Rather see it off than not seeing what's under it.
    My plans with it would be to fix the body fair with primer on the patches and drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Buddies on glue!!

25 g’s even 17 is 7 too much!!

as has been said because it’s a Cadillac, be prepared to pay a premium for parts.

they are great cars, not worth close to what they where 15-20 years ago.

sight unseen , just seeing the boogered fender and rough interior I would stray at 7 and maybe end up around 10 -12 at most.

it’s a huge barge of a car, most caddie guys want them restored not kystomized and when you go to sell it it’s a very narrow window in an already small market that wants a car this big and tacky anymore.

Don’t get me wrong , I’d drive the wheels off it, just not at the price you or the seller think it’s worth.

6. Departed

Departed
    from Canada

Remember Canadian money... 17K is about 12k for you guys

j-jock likes this.
  7. 8D02ECBA-6DF9-4A98-A70E-18961DF506DC.jpeg

From the hammer eh !
    No doot aboot it I’m Canadian YA HOOSER !

Just Gary and Departed like this.
  8. Departed

Departed
    from Canada

9. Eldorado/Seville, then Coupe deVille and finally Series 62, that one you posted is a Coupe deVille ;)

Departed likes this.
  10. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I wouldn't go over 10..

RMONTY and Departed like this.
  11. Departed

Departed
    from Canada

Not buying this one it's too far gone and way too expensive.
    But I did find a white Eldorado 2 door. I'll try to go have a look at it soon.
    To be continued ......

12. Eldorado would be convertible :D

13. Departed

Departed
    from Canada

Seville

14. Definitely worth checking out...:rolleyes:

Departed likes this.
  15. fortynut

fortynut

Land Yacht, eh? My once upon a dream car was a nice Caddy Tank with a four cylinder turbo Cummins for unlimited cruising, eh?

16. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

You will need a 4 foot sanding board. I see these all the time when traveling the back woods. People buy them, when they Caddy is on the last leg, to show that they have made it big in this world but once they break down they cannot afford to repair it. So they tuck it back behind their mobile home until someone like us comes along and wants to buy it, then that rusted hulk becomes priceless. Tell the seller that you only want the car for the sheet metal. Oh yea, I have seen some guys buy these things, cut off the fins, and weld the fins onto the roof of their Pinto.

Departed likes this.
  17. Departed

Departed
    from Canada

well turns out that white Eldorado was junk.. it looked like a beached beluga. I wouldn't even take it if he gave it to me for free.
    I'll just keep dreaming I'm driving around in a Black 59 Cadillac ………