Register now to get rid of these ads!

Living with the passion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by attitudor, Jul 19, 2006.

1. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

I went to a fellow Hamber's home today and just wanted to share two photos of living in passion with a pair of old Harleys in the corner of the livingroom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--mika

2. Muttley

Muttley

Nice furniture. :cool: :cool:

3. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

Ha Ha Pretty cool.
    I get shit from chicks for having spindle mounts in my living room and half finished custom bicycles in my dining room.
    I'd like to finda way to decorate it but make it look good with cars parts n chit.

4. old beet

old beet

FEDSLED has it all.........OLDBEET

5. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Engine Blocks covered with a glass plate make EXCELLENT end tables!

6. BELLM

BELLM

1973 I lived in an apartment in Houston. My only transportation was a motorcycle. Snuck it into my living room every night, otherwise would have not been there the next morning. Thought I was flying under the radar. Gave notice was moving out, manager called one day wanted to show apt, I moved my bike outside. First thing she says when she comes in " Wheres your motorcycle?":D

7. I have to be satisfied with my lamp table.....shown without the Lexan top and the lamp. :)

Attached Files:

8. markanthony

markanthony

the only way to decorate it and make it look better is to get more and have them all over... I went to a friends house and the best part of it was his spare bedroom with everything all over the place in boxes, tons of parts, history and neat "things"...girls might not dig it, but that just means you're with the wrong girl... imagine hearing them say "what is all this junk" 40 years from now :)

9. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

ummm, that guy is either unmarried, or has the coolest wife on the freaking planet.

every girl i know cringes at any thought of doing something like that inside a house.

but it's cool as hell

10. ray

ray
    from colorado

eh, i better keep you away from my chick!:D

she tolerated my motorcycle build in the living room while i didn't have a garage. it was a SMALL room to boot, had to do away with a chair to make room for the bike, and push it off to the side as much as possible to see over it to watch TV!

then after it was done, too nice to leave outside, it was parked daily in the living room. we since moved to a much larger house with a garage and a couple of sheds, and wouldn't ya know it, the bike STILL gets parked in the house! except now i have a walk out basement so the bike doesn't take up any living space. and the "living room" is decorated completely with car parts. we have a "formal" living room upstairs that has nice midcentury styled furniture, but we never use it, the living room in the basement where the TV stereo etc. is is lined with car parts, old car mags, and car related toys.

11. I've always had this idea of making the front of a Merc into a Stereo cabinet. Open the hood to get to the turntable,mount speakers in the wheel centers,have the lights light up.Too bad parts are so expensive!

12. 52Chief

52Chief
    from San Diego

We've got tool boxes for end tables and one in the dining area too!

Actually using the tool boxes for end tables was my idea! cheaper then "real" furniture, plus the drawers are good places to put stuff and have it out of sight. I'll post some pics in the a.m., it actually looks pretty nice, at least I think so.

13. Bazooka

Bazooka

My dad used to park his ol Harleys in the living room. He even built one frame up right there in the living room....good memories..

14. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Maybe he's married to my ex-wife's friend, Dawn?!

My wife and I went to visit Dawn up near Lewiston one fine, frigid winter day and Dawn's husband was sitting on their kitchen floor cutting up rusty exhaust pipes with a hacksaw before venturing back out into the snow to try and put 'em back under his truck. My wife sees what's going on and cries "You let him do THAT in your HOUSE?"

Dawn just says "Well, it's HIS house, too, Jennifer!".

Ha Ha...I shoulda suggested a wife swap right there...I might still be married!!:D :cool:

(Dawn was way cool...we used to work on cars all the time together back when. I could do the brakes on one side and she's do 'em on the other side just as well and just as fast. She was pretty handy with transmission swaps, too as I recall. My wife was useless in the garage beyond the point of occasionally handing me a tool (provided it wasn't a dirty tool, or one too hard to describe!) Ha Ha!)