Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars in a Ravine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31ACoupe, Jul 18, 2006.

1. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

Found this stash a while back. Story goes that a mechanic in a small town had a junk yard and was told to get rid of the cars so he hauled them out to a ravine and dumped them. There are a lot of 40's and 50's cars of all kinds and some unusual finds. Looks to be about 50 or more cars all together. You just never know.......

31acoupe:cool:

Attached Files:

2. SICBOY

SICBOY

Now Did He Really Need To Do That!!!

3. Hows about some more pics???? Love those kinda shots....

4. Squablow

Squablow

I love those pics too. Any salvageable cars or parts?

5. Muttley

Muttley

When are you going back with some tools?

6. Will we ever run out of rusty hulks to restore? Maybe not, but is there going to be any gasoline to fuel them? Thanks for sharing.
    JT
    P.S. wish I took this picture, but I didn't, just love the thought of a "barn find"

Attached Files:

7. If you find a fairly straight, solid top for a '39 Chev coupe drop me a note -

8. Looks like an artist's rendition. Nice.

9. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Wow... what a sight.
    If you could send me a larger version of that photo, that would be very nice! :)

10. 20+ years ago a friend walked to my house. he had found an old car grave yard that he didn't want to share the location, till he got stuck and needed a friend with four wheel drive to pull him out. couldn't believe he drove his old 2 wheel drive datsun down into a canyon with plywood side boards and had a load of old steel piled 3 feet over the cab and got stuck. when I got there I had to load my truck for traction. the cars had all been removed during the scrap metal drives in WWll but this place is still loaded with fenders, hoods, lights, horns, windshield frames ect. back in the day late 30's back. people in town used to get rid of old cars by driving,pushing them off this cliff just outside of Boise Id. ol boy in a bar told him there was over 1000 cars there before the big war. I still want to go back with a metal detector (there is stuff everywhere) see if there are any buried treasures left

11. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

There's also some good hunting down around the Chadron area too, some of it's right in town.

12. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Beautiful... Somehow... Do you have more photos?

13. 52Chief

52Chief
    from San Diego

Me too:D

14. You should build a car/truck, all from that stuff, and document it here on the H.A.M.B. You have 1 year, starting... NOW! I'm thinking the truck cab in the background with the bullet grill as a starting point.

Thanks,
    Kurt

15. Frank

Frank

Take a cordless sawzall with you. Get some Lenox gold blades and several fully charged batteries.

16. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

To those that asked for bigger better pictures, all I have is a little cheap digital. I will try to borrow a wide angle from one of my rich kids to take some more pictures, if they are foolish enough to let me use it.

31acoupe:eek: