Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why does a post get closed.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Dave Gray, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Dave Gray

Dave Gray

I was going to post a couple of photos to a thread that I started and I noticed the
    moderators had closed the post. The post was titled "I thought that I knew what a Hemi was"
    Any idea why this was closed?

2. Just guessing here, but it looks like the thread "devolved" into pictures and references about a lot of foreign "hemi" engines and some late model American hemi talk as well. Likely nothing you personally did, just postings from others.

Thor1 likes this.
  3. I can only guess, but it might have had something to do with the Toyota engine talk.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Dave,
    As lothiandon said above, The guys who posted, including myself,
    went down the rabbit hole, imparting a lot of interesting info
    that just didn't fit within the spirit and the rules of the HAMB
    .Most of the posts didn't fit the parameters.
    Sorry it bombed on you! Sorry I was one who helped it bomb!
    If you want to try again, see if there has ever been a thread
    on the differences between all the different HEMI Chrysler products, between 1951 and 1964.
    If there hasn't been, I bet starting one would bring pages of posts that Would fit the parameters.
    You will probably find out that there are probably hundreds of differences between years,
    Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, and Desoto, and many things that interchange and more that don't!
    I'll give you a way to make it interesting.
    Back in the '80s, there was a message board on Prodigy about cars.
    The first time I got on I found it. I don't even remember the name.
    A guy asked the question, " What other American car besides the "57 Corvette fuel injected
    327 had one horsepower per cubic inch?" The answer is the 1957 Desoto 345 CI Hemi!
    Sorry again, it happens to most of us!

Tony

Thor1 and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. Dave Gray

Dave Gray

Thanks for the insight guys. The explanation makes sense. Thanks to all that responded
    to my post. Sorry that it did not fit exactly into our guidelines, but it was interesting
    none the less.
    Dave