Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects DRAG SNAKE "Vintage Terror!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for the vanishing act. I am in 14 days of quarantine. We had an employee test positive for Covid.

But I can't take a chance on taking it home to Dad and Mom so I am basically homeless! It totally sucks! My 14 days is up October 2. Not sure we will make the Hot Rod Reunion. Pretty tight.

So far so good though, no symptoms as of yet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Stay safe Randall.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    enloe, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  3. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

What James said!!!

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  4. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Sorry For your loss my friend . Last Thursday I turned 65, Saturday I had to take my Dad from his home of 50 years and have him transported to the hospital and now am working with social service and the VA to place the Man that made me the man I am today in a home! He is 88 and my Mom is 86 and Dementia has take him past the point of no return and I need to do what's right for Moms sake! And Randall the first chance you can HUG! Mom and Dad as hard as you can and tell them how lucky you are! And keep telling them every chance you can! Larry

5. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Norb I sure wish I could come up there to the fall out but finances just won’t allow me too this year and trust me once I get a good solid pass in I’ll be happy to share my time slips I’m not like these street racers that don’t want anyone to know how fast or in alot of cases how slow their car is lol

seb fontana, enloe, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Larry thank you for the condolences, mom made it to 97. She was one of my best cheerleaders. :)

7. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

James she might have been the best cheerleader but you have many many more who root for you even when they are getting left behind you I should know as I am one of them along with the rest of us who constantly give you grief I and yes I’m speaking for many around here sure miss the salt shaker hope you can get back out soon

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You guys don't worry about me, it's yourselves you need to be concerned about. ;)

9. loudbang

loudbang

OH NO!! with all that spare time don't even think about CHANGING the graphics one more time. Breath deep and repeat to yourself "I will NOT change them" a few times a day. :rolleyes:

Other than that stay safe. :)

10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

They always are:( I miss mine

11. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Sorry for the hiccup in your plans, but I'm glad you're taking it seriously and keeping your family safe.

12. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I am starting to think Randall and Jackson need to take James to the track and FORCE him to beat the hell out of their cars ,pass after pass un till he can't stand it anymore and he has to run home and stuff a 409 into something!!! I think it might be the only way to make him feel better!;);) I know a video of him doing it would bring a smile to my ugly mug! lol Larry

13. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Like a Cobra with a blown 409?

14. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

You know there has to be a Cheetah replica body somewhere that is just begging to be reborn as kickass take no prisoner drag car! lol But if memory serves me right James has some Austin Healy /MG type thingies out in the back 40! And there is the Dragster! But that does seem to be over kill against a big old family type Dodge sedan ,a plain jane Chevy Chevelle and a little wired wheel English sporty car! And the only thing I could do is haul the dragster around in the trunk of my 64 Marauder! But at least its FE powered and could handel the load! lol;);) Larry

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I have had a lot on my plate but there is one friends project that has me abscessed. His project has been ongoing for around 12 plus year and a devoice, he is a best friend and would love to see his smiling face going down the 1320 with his car. Larry you would be pleased that it is a Ford with a FE power plant and I expect it to kick my used 409 parts ass but his is going to have to earn it. ;)

16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I should add that the Shaker is in surgery and should be at a race tack near you soon. :)

17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Larry if I could find a cheetah I could afford I would build it I’ve always wanted one of those and I could probly put my digger in the trunk of my dodge too lol its amazing how big the trunk gets when you add 15” to it lol and James I’m just as ready to see that big ol ford you guys been working on done as you are I’m sure it will be badass and I’m not at all worried about that salt shaker thingy lol

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

18. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Lol Jackson, Back in 1971 one of my many Mopar powered cars was a 65 Dodge and even with a 15" extention I still think the Marauder would have it beat by a FOOT! I can haul all the beer, burgers, folding chairs and awning we would need so all of us could bullshit and bench race all weekend! Of course you guys would be BUYING!! ;);) lol Larry

19. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Save the Cheetah body we are dreaming about for a true blue Chevy guy please :D
    Then I might have a chance running Randal after installing Tickety Boos engine and transmission. ;)

As long as I am dreaming too, paint it Cheetos Cheater Cheesy Chevy Orange, and name it Chester :rolleyes:

20. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well boys, I am out for another 10 days so no Hot Rod Reunion. As you know I have been quarantined for 14 days. I have not felt very good, nothing major just a standard cold or sinus infection is what I thought. I went and got tested Sunday just to be forsure before heading home. I was positive for Covid. So now another 10 days. I am feeling good, I think i have already survived it but 10 days is 10 days. So now we wait some more!

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Sorry to hear that, Get back to 100% soon! Gary

loudbang, Thor1, saltflats and 2 others like this.
  22. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Take good care of yourself. Hope your family is well.

23. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

First off Randall you take care of yourself and your family i give you lots of grief here on the H.A.M.B. but you are a good friend and we all want you to be here to take the punishment lol. And now back to the show lol

Chrome don’t get ya home

Nostrebor, loudbang, Thor1 and 5 others like this.
  24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Stay safe, sounds like a good cop out to me. :D

25. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

James I will be there running the big bad dodge feel free to come see the show guess the showdown will be postponed lol. Damn COVID lol

Chrome don’t get ya home

Tickety Boo, loudbang, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  26. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Randall you did the smart thing and stayed away from family, so you and Dad get to play another day. :)
    I hope and pray you get well soon.

27. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Norb one of my best friends built a 66 Chevy short box. I painted it hugger orange. We went up to back to the 50's one year and we sat there on Friday night having a few beers with one of the pinstripers while he painted Chester on the tailgate on a surfboard surrounded by the phrase "IT ain't easy being CHEESY"! lol Larry

Tickety Boo, loudbang, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I will se what I can do, I know Larry is itching for some videos. :)

29. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Now remember James be nice. If Jackson breaks don't show the video to Randall-------Well not right away anyhow!;) lol Larry

30. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I have some video from last weekend but I am too dumb to post it plus I wouldn’t want to clog up Randall’s thread with my junk lol

Chrome don’t get ya home