Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Took the beater to the drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fry, Sep 13, 2020.

1. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

That deserves an atta boy!
    KK

2. RmK57

RmK57

Nice 60 foot for a high 12 second car.

Stogy, loudbang and Fry like this.
  3. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

3.89 the super T10 also has a 3.42 first gear so pretty low overall. 29.5 tire.

4. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

My grinding on each shift didn’t help. Plus wasn’t sure when to shift it, how high to rev it out. Would need a lot of test runs to get it somewhat consistent. I’m pretty clueless when it comes to racing properly and well. Lol.

5. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Nice job. Good 60 foot time. Staging is worth up to a .10 Once you get used to the tree, prestage. Stop get your mental Sh*t together, and then creep into staged. Just barely turn on the light. Gives you more roll out and a bit of a run at the clocks.

Stogy, Fry and loudbang like this.
  6. slowmotion

slowmotion

I see mid 12s a little tweaking and some seat time, maybe better. Good Job!

loudbang, Stogy and Fry like this.
  7. RmK57

RmK57

Wallace racing calculator computes a 1.67 60 foot to 12.00's. So, sure deeper 12's are within reach.

AHotRod, loudbang, VANDENPLAS and 2 others like this.
  8. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

That thing hooks pretty good! What is the rear suspension?

loudbang, Stogy and Fry like this.
  9. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Thanks guys, not sure how much I’d pursue chasing a lower ET, but you never know down the road.
    Yeah not bad, I just did a triangulated 4 link with coil overs. lots of math and engineering on my part. Seems to be the best part of the car, shoots me straight out of the corners and hooked well, Rides good, pretty happy with the setup. Launches me straight and predictable, and usually when I’m messing around with the skinnies I holds me pretty straight as well.
    I have it all on my build thread somewhere.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12's are good for a fun street car, go faster and they start wanting roll bars and real race driver gear.
    Smoother shifting might have gotten you there so 12's and having to be gentle on the shifts is pretty good.

VANDENPLAS, Fry and Stogy like this.
  11. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Not bad for a flatlander... No racing in BC thanks to Covid which sucks ass. There were some big events booked for Mission Raceway but all for not. Hopefully next year we can get back on it! My Uncle raced since the 60’s and I used to be on his pit crew so spent many many hours at a track. Careful it’s more contagious than Covid...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and Fry like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats @Fry...all you're hard work is rewarding you....your liven the dream...;)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    loudbang, VANDENPLAS and Fry like this.
  13. Fun street car? I would think so for sure. Hell the 427 AC Cobra was only running low 12s and the 289 version ran high 13s. Yeah I know tires were not the greatest back then but I think 12s are damn respectable. Especially on your first go.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  14. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Thanks guys. I appreciate that.

loudbang likes this.
  15. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

But remember don't let it go to your head. Leaving at high rpm and powershifting will work for awhile. Then mother parts breakage will rear her ugly head. So decide now how much money and work you want to do on the old girl. Or don't be a pussy and carry on. :D:D:D

Fitnessguy, lumpy 63 and Fry like this.
  16. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Haha, I think I’m good as is, if I hadn’t gone into the 12s I would be craving more. I doubt I’d do much better than a 12.0, to my novice brain a 12.9 and a 12.0 is still a 12 second car and not worth blowing it up.
    It didn’t hook me as much as I was worried it might. I enjoy driving it daily, so wrecking it at the track isn’t high on my list of priorities haha.

AHotRod, loudbang and lumpy 63 like this.
  17. spanners

spanners

Trust me. One minute you're happy with 12s and before you know it you would like to dip into the 11s and before you know it, you're hooked. My avatar did low 20s first run, high 16s later on and now does low13s. I kid myself that I'm happy with that but in the back of my mind I'd like to dip into the 12s.
    Just enjoy it each time you take it out.

wraymen, loudbang and Fry like this.
  18. 392

Great looking ride and a tip of the hat for run.

loudbang and Fry like this.
  19. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Thanks guys

loudbang likes this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

21. AHotRod

AHotRod

Congratulations Fry.... from a one Coupe owner to another .... you have the right attitude, street driving is what it's really all about, a few runs at the track is fun too. Love your Coupe brother!!!
    God Bless!

Fry and loudbang like this.
  22. Great Job! Glad to see something other than Challengers, Mustangs and Camaros' making passes at the strip.

Fry likes this.
  23. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Thanks! I agree, glad to be able to say it’s a 12 second car, but also just as happy to say I drive it to work almost daily from spring to fall. I just like driving hot rods. Lol.

59chev likes this.
  24. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Thanks. It was a fastest street car shootout so there were plenty of them. The big dollar turbo units are fun to watch, even if they were all trailered there and spent the off times with laptops on their roofs. Lol.
    I was happy to be more than competitive with those stock new muscle car guys. That made my day, even if it was because I had a tire advantage lol.

25. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Recent pictures that were the photographer takes at the drags, Ashley Woodvine Photography. Pretty fantastic shots, make the car look way cooler than it is lol.
    Gonna have to order some prints, tough to choose though. IMG_2772.JPG IMG_2773.JPG IMG_2774.JPG IMG_2775.JPG IMG_2776.JPG IMG_2777.JPG IMG_2778.JPG IMG_2779.JPG IMG_2780.JPG IMG_2781.JPG IMG_2782.JPG IMG_2783.JPG IMG_2784.JPG IMG_2785.JPG IMG_2786.JPG

bchctybob likes this.