Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Salvage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HadeRodder, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Can anyone give me good hints for old cars and trucks salvage yards, who will answer to email or messenger or WhatsApp inquiries? Huge problem is that many places won't answer inquiries of used or even new parts. Will I need to buy new fax and phone lines for that, because places won't answer? I know that calling is the fastest way, but time differences between our time and U.S. time are sometimes just too much. And it is sometimes a little difficult to explain technical words when my mother's language is not English. Writing is just a little easier and this is the reason why I need to find a place who ANSWER emails.
    And I really need to find a salvage yard there they sell newer parts for cars and trucks motors, trannys and rear axles, etc. Here are many guys who install modern Hemis and Modular Ford motors for their 40s, 50,s 60s, and 70s cars and trucks. and Cummins Diesels and Duramax diesel as well. So I would be glad if someone can help and give me hints of places who really can and would answer emails etc.
    my email is [email protected] and you can find me out of messenger too. Jukka Hatinen . I haven't been here for a long time, but it's really nice to see that this crowd has been raised and new members are coming here.
    Buy the way, I was visiting in TX last October and November and done some round trip on our vacation with family and all. Seeing many nice places and some interesting museums like Don Garlits in FL. Need to do that again someday in the near future....
    But for this point, I would be really grateful if someone could help with this problem.

2. Tetanus

Tetanus

Years ago I had good luck with french lake auto parts in minnesota. I was looking for a seat for my 46 ford and they sent pics out of maybe 5 different cars until we found the right one.i needed the 3 passenger business coupe seat. They did have newer stuff Maybe what your looking for.

Sent from my moto e5 play using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another vote for French Lake. Owens Salvage in Wellington Tx next time you are here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Dirk35

Dirk35

You mention "need to find a salvage yard there they sell newer parts for cars and trucks motors, trannys and rear axles, etc.".

So I'm guessing that because of your regulations, you aren't specifically looking Salvage Yards with 1930s thru 1960s types of parts.

Thus, I recommend looking up LKQ Salvage. I think they are mostly in Midwest US, and you just look up the part you need from their online, contact them and tell them you need it. Depending on what part/vehicle you need, they pull the part and will ship it within the US.

There is also a LKQ Pick a Part, you do have to pull the parts yourself, but they are online friendly.

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

LKQ has been buying up alot of the old yards around here too.

6. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

I think LKQ have yards in Europe too,they are a very big corporation.I deal with one that is about 100 miles away.i have a go to guy there,he is good at finding what i need,if they dont have it they will check other yards they have,doesnt cost any more to get me what i want,i live in Canada,recently i got a door for a pickup from texas,it was rust free,it took a little longer but didnt cost me anything for shipping,they have trucks back and forth all the time,I dont know if that would work for Europe or not.be worth a try. Harvey

Beanscoot likes this.
  7. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

LKQ does not do vintage parts. Anything older than 15 years gets scrapped out. They bought a old yard near me that had acres of vintage cars and a barn full of V8 engine cores. All that stuff was gone before any ground was broken.

8. saltracer219

saltracer219

All American Classics in Vancouver, Wa. 360-254-8850

Bandit Billy likes this.
  9. fortynut

fortynut

10. fortynut

fortynut

Sorry but I can't find web address for these guys, but they are the nicest and most efficient bunch of parts sellers I've ever done business with. I give them 5 Stars.
    MARVS CHEVY ONLY

Map
    11021 Tuxford St
    Sun Valley, California 91352-2629

(213) 875-2781 [​IMG]

11. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Check out this website --> https://www.car-part.com/ . You can search wrecking yards in the entire USA for specific engines, parts or whatever you want.

12. Well, that's exactly the service what I'm looking for ! Wow.

13. Actually Ben talk about Owen's , but nobody answered my email inquiry in Wellington , but okay, i send my emails usually in middle of U.S. Night time. So i guess, that i must send email in middle of day time, when is night around here....

14. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

Do you have any friends that are more fluent in english?,maybe get them to call for you,might have to stay up all night?What exactly are you looking for?. harvey

15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^This! And @Spooky is on the counter there so you can just PM him.

saltracer219 likes this.
  16. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

I would say HadeRodder is fluent in English. Well his English is way better than my Finnish!
    In my experience it is easier to ignore or procrastinate answering emails than phone calls, so phoning is almost always more productive.

So I would recommend persevering with phone calls, or at least following up emails with calls.

The time difference issue is a non starter, Finland is eight hours ahead of Texas. So he can phone Owens Salvage at 9am their time, at 5pm his time, for example.

17. goldmountain

goldmountain

18. Mr Dirk35 Thank You very much. I search parts for cars and trucks witch are model 1920-1975 mainly, but some guys are asking me to find modular Fords, 5,7 Hemi, Cummins and Duramax diesels for their projects. Cummins ain't so big mistake to put it to 50s F600 or so, but it's only mine opinion . So those newer engines really need every boxes and ECUs and all wiring harness if guys try to get those running good . I personally don't know about anything of those modern engines and really even don't mind to learn to know. Electronic distributor is just as far I really needed to go in my knowledge , but I'm humble kind of guy and help if I can....
    Thank You Sir, Good to know this . Somehow I guess so, that some of these guys are working on the industry. Thanks its a good hint.

19. Beanscoot, Thank You. Yup, my Finnish is much better than any of these guys here, hahaa, Like now it's good time to call, and I actually just talk with my friend in TX, just 15 minute ago. it's 00.10 AM , so I call of tonight now. But I have had good answers today, and appreciate everyone who have been helping me on this. Good Night now on.

TrailerTrashToo and Hnstray like this.