Register now to get rid of these ads!

'35 Ford Truck at bottom of Iowa lake.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spaulding, Jul 19, 2006.

1. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

one for the okla guys , under the northern part of lake tenkiller (standing rock area)is the foundation of the town tenkiller .when the lake is real low you can walk on the streets .ive only seen it once when i was a kid .they drained the lake this spring ,my dad went down a saw it ..wish i would have gotten around to it..

2. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

Ok, some divers can find that thing again, "plant" a skeleton with some old ratty clothes on it in the cab with an old beer bottle in the hand, and then wait for the headlines when the next diver finds it! Maybe even put a wallet with some fake ID in it with a name like "Joe Nobody" or "Guy Missin"......

3. 8flat

8flat

I love it...hahaha. Or you could dress him up with a turbin on his head, and have his ID with the name Osama BinSinkin.

4. Custom54

Custom54

Very cool, thanks.

5. And spank Janet on the ass for me. Thanks!

6. Flatman

Flatman

I read a reference to this in an old book I have on shipwrecks of the Great Lakes. I'd have to look for it and look it up, but the book described it as a "shipload" :eek:

Flatman

7. Model40-770

Model40-770
    from LOUISIANA

Classic................

8. Hotrodderman

Hotrodderman

Actually...I've been looking for Chrissy! heh heh

9. Thumper

Thumper

Lake Lanier is full of that kind of stuff.

10. SimonSez

SimonSez

There is a cargo of Model T Fords in Rarotonga from a ship that sunk in 1916 on the way to New Zealand. It is a popular diving wreck today and apparently parts of the cars can still be seen even now.

11. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Great patina!

Bulletproof-how old are you if you dont mind me asking. Cusious when it was that low. Im assuming it was drained to repair where the barge knocked down the bridge a few summers ago. If we keep with the 107 degree temps much longer, may get to see it again!!

12. titus

titus

there supose to be a mustang (air plane) in white bear lake MN and alot fo cars ive heard too.

jeff

13. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i was pretty young when i saw it , .we lived in stillwell then .my dad still lives there. it was winter when i saw it...there used to be a old store that had pictures of the old town and pics of them tearing down ,moving the buildings.i was born in 69

14. warbozz

warbozz

Forget rat rod, that's a bass rod... :cool:

15. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

Now thats a true water find. Wonder if a boat ancor put that big hole in the hood?

16. Dirk35

Dirk35

Its a 1935 Ford One Ton. You can tell by the hood sides with the emblem (where it should be) in the middle instead of the front like in 1936.

For salvagability, too see the passenger side hood collapsed in like that, it has to have NOT faired as the 50s Sedan they pulled up in WI not too long ago. I also notice a total lack of a grill shell. It either rotted away, or more than likely was removed when the chin was beat up causign a grill bar to hit the radiator. Also notice the two large dents in the driver fender? That was a well worked truck.

That is really neat seeing the difference in its condition in such shallow water compared to the 60 ft deep car that was in way better shape.

msrods55 likes this.
  17. 5window

5window

Considering how popular,rare and expensive P-51's are,I would have thought this story would be thoroughly checked out someplace. After all, they cut through a glacier to recover some P-38 Lightenings a while ago.

msrods55 likes this.
  18. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

or "James Hoffa" LOL

19. Anybody hear any more news on the shoebox Ford in a lake with two skeletons? Two young guys disappeared in late '50s, found 'em last year...

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

that is a very cool story .Them cars are salvageable Body parts and such .I know guys that can salvage anything.

21. WQ59B

WQ59B

22. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake (Same thing) was made by the TVA by flooding out several towns after evacuation. I often wonder how much of KY's old car population was wiped out then.

The lake is supposidly haunted as well by those whose graves were not moved, or was mishandled in the move.

23. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

During Prohibition the "rumrunners" used to drive across the St. Clair river here in Michigan during the winter between the U.S. and Canada with car loads of Canadian booze. Most of it went to Detroit or Chicago. The river hasn't frozen over since before i was born in '53, but at one time it did. The smugglers used to buy Model T's for a few bucks to drive on the ice in case they broke through, which several did. i have know several divers who had seen the cars on bottom years ago; my brother brought up a brass "FORD" script hubcap from one. They are long gone now according the the divers...Some of the locals have parked cars and trucks in the local rivers on purpose, but that's a different thing altogether...:rolleyes: