Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects It's alive!!! A 1957 Fargo Tale....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Fargo, Jul 7, 2017.

1. loudbang

loudbang

IF it was mine I would paint the inner portion of the lower grille flat black like this (sorry I can't draw a straight line with a mouse :confused: but it gives you the idea I was going for :)).

1_LI.jpg

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. I debated it when painting everything but I like it white. I appreciate the input though.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Truckdoctor Andy and loudbang like this.
  3. 7CC1A360-F987-4DD3-9A4B-B780CA793D82.jpeg The latest box in a string of stepside boxes rolled in last night...good rust free fenders, minor dents to work over but overall very nice, this is also the front panel I will use.
    2E65B382-5862-4BBF-B745-4BBA73C867FD.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  4. Early morning brainstorming, probably a bad idea, I’m wondering about a back bumper...I have another front bumper, wonder if it could work? Hmmm...

5. IMG_2332.JPG IMG_2334.JPG IMG_2335.JPG
    A very loose mockup of fender and running board...three bolts holding everything so nothing is exactly where it should be....

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I like your Covid research lab of an indoor paint booth! I guess in the olden days with the pressure used in paint guns it would have been a disaster but the HVLP guns I think allow for a little less than ideal painting environments so well done! And should your toddler be having a nap while you play with your FARGO?

loudbang likes this.
  7. The first time I painted it, many years ago, was in a dirt floor shop with an old siphon feed gun, it can be done just have to do it. We were out early today playing! She has a selection of tools and parts that she “fixes” while we’re are down at the shop. She insisted on being in the picture!

8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Precious!

loudbang likes this.
  9. For the four people that look at this thread, I have a question and am looking for opinions!

Yay or nay?
    IMG_2337.JPG
    IMG_2339.JPG IMG_2338.JPG

Sorry crappy pictures, the bumper isn’t as nice as my other one but is easily fixed if I decide to use it...if yes how high does one mount it?

I’m thinking so the bottom of the bumper is the same height as the bottom of the fenders looking from the side, pretty close to where it is now.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  10. I like that, fwiw. And the height works, but could be a couple inches lower, I think.

Ben

Stogy, loudbang and 57 Fargo like this.
  11. Colin HD

Colin HD

Go with the bumper.
    Agreed, just a touch lower, would look better (personally)

Stogy, loudbang and 57 Fargo like this.
  12. I’m liking it so far as well, and when I get some time I’ll move it down, it was a quick setup trying to negotiate with a toddler! Seriously appreciate the input.

loudbang likes this.
  13. atch

atch

Just so that you know, there are more than three people watching.

From the back (first pic) I like the height right where you have it. Don't know about from the side. Can't tell from the pix posted. Got an actual side shot?

Blue One, loudbang and 57 Fargo like this.
  14. Ha! It’s just my lame sense of humor, I don’t have a good one from the side, I’ll do that tonight

loudbang likes this.
  15. Yay! I think it looks fine. Plus you already have it, plus that's a custom touch, go with it man.

Blue One, loudbang and 57 Fargo like this.
  16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Bumper looks good to me. Plus it has the tag recess, so it looks sorta custom.

loudbang and 57 Fargo like this.
  17. 31Apickup

31Apickup

18. I think it looks fine.

19. Are you planning on running the jackstands too?? :p

Stogy, razoo lew, Turnipseed and 2 others like this.
  20. Bumper looks good. Personally I would lower it a bit so it doesn't look like the bottom of the tailgate is sitting on it.

Stogy, Blue One, 61Cruiser and 2 others like this.
  21. IMG_2345.JPG IMG_2343.JPG IMG_2340.JPG

Looking at here I agree I need to try it a little lower, if it’s not raining tomorrow I’ll get it outside where I can get back from it a little and play with it some more.

I truly do appreciate the input fellas.

Stogy, 51pontiac and loudbang like this.

22. They are era correct.

23. gene-koning

gene-koning

If I remember right, the tail gate is lower when its open then the bottom is when its closed. I think there will be about an inch or an inch and a half gap between the bottom edge of the hinges and the top of the bumper. I usually set the rear bumper height by the open tailgate. It sucks to have the tailgate sitting on the top of the bumper when its open. Gene

Stogy, Darin Younce and loudbang like this.
  24. It won’t be any lower open I don’t think.

25. loudbang

loudbang

Looks like a good fit. :)

Stogy likes this.
  26. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

My Power Wagon has a rear bumper , it’s about an 1 1/2 to 2 inches lower than where your sitting in the photos . Being up too high the gate will hit on it and limit the amount it opens . I have a near mint bed header I’m not using , looking for fenders . Be sure to line the inside of your fenders with something , stones tossed from the road will give you a super sick feeling . I get them daily , but mine is a farm / work truck . Great job keep going .

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  27. The latest box has a very nice header as well, I was waiting for it to show up, I hear you on the fenders, they are hard to come by and as nice as theses ones are there Is lots of peaks from rocks hitting inside.

My stuff does see some gravel as I live in a fairly rural area and drive my stuff.

I’m going to play with the height a little today and see where we end up.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  28. Here it is, had to go down according to taillight bracket placement, which can be changed if necessary, so may be a touch low, I could go up another half inch to an inch so the bumper was at the bottom of the taillight.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Stogy, loudbang and 61Cruiser like this.
  29. atch

atch

I dunno man. I'm just not feeling the side view. Makes me think that the bumper looks like an add-on, like a house that's been added onto without matching or complimenting the rest of the house.

I'm liking the back view, though.

I'm sort of enamored with the front of the truck that's finished, so maybe I'll like the rear when it's finished too.

Keep in mind that my opinion is worth less than what you paid for it.

30. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

I’m not sure about that rear bumper. Maybe if it were lower?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app