Register now to get rid of these ads!

The can

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 1oldtimer, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Not about a car at all, but history....I guess. I can't really say where it came from or how I got it, but I can say I've had it for a while, one of the pieces of a by gone company (still around, but not wholly the same). Stupid to some but thrilling to me......

Enjoy.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg

2. A couple of the stickers even have letters in the phone number.

jnaki likes this.
  3. Cool how almost all the stickers are vintage. The kind of thing I zero in on while watching movies. It could be a prop in a retro hot rod film!

4. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Definitely Kool! Imagine what that would be worth on that auction site...$$$

5. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Trash can of the year! That’s really neat!

6. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I do the same thing on my trash can, it seems like if you let stickers lay around they get screwed up so its use them or loose them. I have a bunch of stickers and decals from the late 60's in a box in the closet, this post has made me wonder how many of them are stuck together and ruined! Thanks 1oldtimer for the reminder:cool:

7. My roll around tool box looks like that.

harpo1313 likes this.
  8. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Stroke it....long and hard sure jumps out at you..:rolleyes::D

9. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Never heard of a "Joe Cunt" Magneto.. Must be one of those china knock offs.

10. rudestude

rudestude

"Joe Cunt" you have a phone call..."Joe Cunt"........
    has anyone seen "Joe Cunt"

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Okie Pete likes this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-9-22_10-3-45.png

Hey 1,

Your Hilborn sticker must have been during the time they were in that huge brick building on Cabot and Crown Valley. That was before the Laguna Niguel city incorporated and was located in the county property roles. So, the designation was South Laguna. The coastal strip back to the city of Laguna Beach was called South Laguna.

When Dana Point incorporated as a city, they took the Laguna Niguel ocean property as their own, with a very political vote of limited residents and the old postal designation was changed to Dana Point. Although the Ritz Carlton is still advertised as in Laguna Niguel or Monarch Beach.
    upload_2020-9-22_10-4-26.png

By the time Hilborn Company sold the property and moved to Aliso Viejo, it was Laguna Niguel. But, those South Laguna stickers are just classic and rare.

Jnaki

You were associated with the Dana Point Outrigger Club? Wow, I was recruited by them due to my surfing skills and they said, large shoulders and paddling strength. Ha! Some recruitment come on… I did want to try paddling a canoe with others, but life got in the way and I just watched from the harbor jetties as they glided over the smooth waters. Later on, during our sailing days, we did pass them up quietly outside of the harbor.

Okie Pete likes this.
  12. Wrench97

Wrench97

My favorite size trash cans, I use them around the lift they are great to put tires on keeps us old guys from having to bend over and pick them back up off the floor.......................

13. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

When I was a child ,our phone numbers were 3 digits ,no letters ...

14. Modified by some jokester in the past :)

From what I understand there were some also from his L.A location....might be a myth ?!?!

When I was a kid the area code here was 714, I do have a coat hanger from Laguna Beach cleaners with a phone number of 21 from a friends moms basement....couple of generations of stuff down there.

15. Oh, the Ansen Equipped sticker is flake gold. Also can anyone guess the era for the AHRA sticker.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  16. Grew up in Phoenix. I remember those Fly-N-Hi stickers on every jacked up 4x4 and ATV in the valley. Probably still have one or two around here somewhere.

17. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Joe must be related to Mike Hunt. When we were kids every once in a while the pa system would come alive with" I am looking for Mike Hunt, has anybody seen Mike Hunt" It didn't take much to amuse us back then:D

Okie Pete likes this.
  18. Or now.

Mick

Okie Pete likes this.