Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 ford question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trailer-Ed, Sep 21, 2020.

1. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I just picked up a real Henry 32 3 window coupe. It currently has a partial Bitchen style street rod floor in it. I really dont care for it. A guy here locally has a 32 5 window/ roadster floor for sale. My sub rails look pretty decent. Will the 5 window floor be even close for my 3 window? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

bathcollector likes this.
  2. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

3 window floors hang down between the frame rails toward the rear .
    Because of that , The roadster floor is a popular swap in 3 widows .

stillrunners likes this.
  3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If a 3W has a trunk rather than rumble seat does the floor still Hang down ? On our 3W it had a nice repro floor for rumble seat ,on the second day we had it that was gone as we wanted to put in the later style X member in the frame , well car then was just a bare body with no frame.

4. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Mine is a rumble seat car.

5. alchemy

alchemy

The stock 3 window floor has more foot rom for the rumble seat rider, but using a roadster floor will probably still give you enough room. It will surely give you more room for suspension underneath.

Either floor welds to the subframe, so I'm sure they are the same or very similar widths. They will probably be different lengths though, as the cross members in the subrail are most likely a bit different.

6. clem

clem

I don’t know the answer to your questions, but just wanted to say what a great looking car.
    Not sure what your plans are, but if you need inspiration just look at Kiwi 4d’s avatar. Best 3 window out there......

7. Fogger

Fogger

I replaced the floor in my 3W with a Roadster replacement. Like Pete said, very popular to replace the stock floor for suspension clearance. I painted mine before installing.