Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 plymouth coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mopar Moose, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Mopar Moose

Mopar Moose
    from Kansas

Folks, have a question. I have a 1934 Plymouth coupe, and the previous owner/builder channeled the body into the frame. Not bad, but I'm 6'4 and it has a wooden thing in the roof. It doesnt appear that there was a cloth roof, and from what I have found it was originally built in Canada. I'm attaching pics of the wooden block tbing in the roof, and wondering if its important, how to remove, etc...

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The insert was replaced with metal. I can see the welds in your pictures. Fabricator must have cut a piece of plywood to hold the metal while welding was done. If you could remove the ply you wouldn't gain much headroom.

loudbang likes this.
  3. You may want to get a different lower seat cushion made if you have the original seat.

loudbang likes this.
  4. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

I see hex nuts.
    I can only surmise, the plywood is fixed with carriage bolts and likely slathered with fiberglass/bondo on the top side. (???)

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.