Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking for door rubber pics on 34 Pickup

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HardcoreZ28, Sep 19, 2020.

1. HardcoreZ28

HardcoreZ28

Can someone post a few pics on how the door seal rubber installs on a 32-34 Ford pickup? Cleaning up the chop on my doors and tweaking some gaps and want to make sure everything will seal up decent after. I bought the cab with no rubber on it so no clue how it will install eventually. Thanks. IMG_20190719_152640_378.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

akoutlaw likes this.
  2. I have a 34 Ford pickup & I do not think they ever had door seals. The doors edges overlap
    the body & I do not see a place for seals & have never seen factory seals on 32,33 or 34 Fords.
    The only seals I have on my truck are seals on the Windshield . I made windlace to go around
    the inside of the door frame & it stop air from blowing through (somewhat).It cuts down on rattles . Some what crude but that is Hot Rods. Enjoy the truck & drive your other car when
    you want comfort , heat & air condition as you go down the road listening to the stereo and
    thinking Wow I could have drove my Hot Rod!!!!!!!! Jerry Drye from North Carolina

Attached Files:

akoutlaw likes this.
  3. HardcoreZ28

HardcoreZ28

4. It's been a while since I built my 32 pickup but I used the 32 tudor rubber cut down to fit the bottom of the door, Bob Drake has the metal piece that fit's the floor seal.

I went to Ace Hardware and purchased a roll of peel & stick rubber and used it around the inside of the door where it comes in contact with the body, worked great. HRP

HardcoreZ28 likes this.

5. 32's did not come with door seals. I used peel and stick on mine. I bought stuff from Mcmaster Carr but Soft Seal has nicer products.

HardcoreZ28 likes this.
  6. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

I’m sure someone will probably chime in with more specific info, but you can order a sample pack of little pieces of various profiles of peel and stick from soffseal. That way you can see what might work best before ordering. They have a great product.

7. Larry Henry

Larry Henry

32-34 only have one door seal and that's on the bottom of door. Should be a slot for the rubber to slide into. If no slot, you can buy the metal slot. I'm rebuilding a 32 pickup now and my uncle is building a 34 pickup. We just went through this together. I bought rubber seals from Macs auto parts online.

8. HardcoreZ28

HardcoreZ28

I have the new channels for the bottom seal...gonna definitely use some sort of perimeter seal as well though. Thanks for the info guys

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Cool 33

Cool 33

From the factory there is only the windlace that has the 'tadpole' cross section and is held in place by the metal trim strips goes around the 2 sides and top of the door. The rubber piece with flap goes in the channel at bottom of door. Stick on foam rubber can be applied to some of the areas in the door jamb, but can make the door hard to close and can make it not lay close to the cab sheet metal but helps with keeping noise down.

10. The other door seal went around the door opening. Was like wind lace on a car. Had a metal strip for the side and top to hold the wind lace.