Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical custom headliner

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by topher5150, Sep 19, 2020.

1. topher5150

topher5150

Not sure if this has been covered before or not, but how would you go about making a custom headliner? I saw some fabrics online with some pretty interesting patterns and I thought that would be something cool to incorporate in my 47 Ford coupe build.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

You can order a ready made headliner from Automotive Interiors in Long Beach, Cali. or they'll do a kustom headliner for you. They can take the material you send them and manufacture it to factory specs...I've had them do two headliners for me so far -a '52 Willys sedan and a '48 Cadillac four door...and am about to order one for my '48 Caddy Sedanet...runs about $250 plus shipping...Best part is they fit...

R-
    IMG_9801.JPG
    Installing '48 Caddy headliner...

IMG_3041.JPG
    Installing '52 Willys headliner...I've had estimates ranging from $600 to $1600 to sew and install, check your local upholsterer first...
    R-

R-

reagen and 54delray like this.
  3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

It's not hard to make a headliner, but if you want material with a pattern in it, you have to be aware that to fit right, in that curved roof, the material is wider in the center, and thins out going toward the sides. So your patterns are not going to match at the seams.

54delray likes this.
  4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good information. Another one I'm going to have to remember.