Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Vehicle Transport near Modesto, CA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doc_Helliday, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Doc_Helliday

Doc_Helliday

Hey y'all,

Are there any reqs from the Hambodex for veh transport around Modesto, CA.
    I found a good deal up there but I live down in Santa Ana, CA and may need to transport it down

Thanks!

2. banditomerc

banditomerc

3. Doc_Helliday

Doc_Helliday

My bad
    I was trying to look around and see if the sticky listed it as a req in the guidelines

4. I don't know if anyone is doing it that local, most will post up if they're doing a personal trip and have extra space or you might be able to jump in on a transport near the end of it's leg.......both of those you'll have to wait until one pops up. That's close enough to either rent a trailer if you have a truck or a truck and trailer and make a day of it.

5. evintho

evintho

A U-Haul trailer is $60 per day. Do you have a buddy with a truck? It's about a 700 mile round trip. Drive up on Saturday, load car, stay overnight in cheap hotel, drive back on Sunday. Gas, food, hotel and trailer and your in it for a couple hundred and you'll have a cool weekend adventure! I've done it many times.

bill gruendeman likes this.
  6. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

What ya gettin’?

7. ^^^^^^^^ what he said.

8. 5window

5window

Try the fellow HAMBers in the Hamb-o-dex

9. Nah, we went and picked up a '50 Merc my friend bought in San Jose in one day (years ago). Borrowed a truck, rented a U-haul trailer, left at 5am and got back home at 1am (after unloading the car and staring at it awhile). Could do it in less time without all the talking and getting food :).

10. Doc_Helliday

Doc_Helliday

Hey y'all thanks for replying
    been a crazy few days... talking with the online shippers and everything
    It was a 1925 dodge bro's "tbucket" (idk if i can call it that lol) ... z'd and running a datsun 510 motor
    dude listed it for $6K
    Ended up getting sold before I could get to it.

Currently looking at a 1920 Glass T daily driver (in Riverside), ford frame and titled as a such, with a mighty max motor. Never been too big on the Glass T's or T's in general, but full disclosure I'm a newbie so, maybe I can do worse as a "starter" veh
    dude wants $6k with smaller wheels and hopping to talk him down to 4k

Or there is a 1930 Ford 4 door, bare bones runner but needs some break work for $5,5k further down south, dude's not available to show it till friday tho... sucks to wait but... not sure. I'm a bit conflicted TBH

11. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stop! Dont buy anything until you have a CLEAR plan what you want would be my advice. Why buy a T if you dont like them?

12. Doc_Helliday

Doc_Helliday

Thanks Pete
    Thats solid advice.

panhead_pete likes this.