Register now to get rid of these ads!

Williams Exhaust Manifolds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JT Apperson, Nov 9, 2011.

1. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Has anyone used the Williams exhaust manifolds? Never heard of them. Are they similar to Fenton for Inline 6's.
    Thanks...JT
    ''An the hops flowed like water''

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. cederholm

cederholm

I've never used them, but some of the chevytalk.org guys have. I hear they are Fenton knock-offs carried by NCA. People who have them seem to like them and the NCA carry good parts - I've bought a lot of stuff from them. I run Fentons tho.

~ Carl

3. JVK54

JVK54

They are Fentons made for National Chevy. Exact same thing. BUT, the full exhaust that National sells for 216-235's has issues. The headers and mufflers are fine but the pipes need to be tweaked (along with the ebrake and oil line) and everything will hang way to low if not modified. Also they are supposed to include a throttle linkage which will fit (the stock one will not work with the headers weather you are running a stock or hopped up intake). They did not include the linkage in y shipment, nor is it referred to in the directions at all. Come to find out(via calls to a couple of buddies and the Chevy board) the seem to always forget the linkage and ya wind up having to call them and have them ship it next day por fab something up. When all is said and done it's a great, classic sounding system for 49-54 Chevys (though I've still gotta get the pies and mufflers in to swear to it) in retrospect, I wish I had just bought a set of Fentons, glasspacks and some 1 3/4 steel pipe and had a muffler guy bend it up. I shoulda known bettah.

4. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Without exhaust heat to the intake, the car will be virtually undriveable unless you live in a very warm climate and even then will be a PIA when cold. Ask me how I know that ?

Elcohaulic likes this.

5. srcracing

srcracing

Has anyone used the Williams V-8 manifolds? I would like to get some dimensions to see if I can use them on a 1963 Rambler with a Chevy v-8

6. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You might go over to the ChevyTalk forums and ask

7. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

There was a thread here a week or so ago; Williams exhaust manifolds and header pipes for the 49-54 Chevrolet cars. Only thing the thread did't mention, is whether or not the firewall supports require removal for fitment; that's the biggest area of worry for a V-8 swap on those cars. They're a log type manifold, plugs below manifolds, rear dump, and match side-to-side, something stock manifolds are't known for. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Ryan Locklin likes this.
  8. Ryan Locklin

Ryan Locklin

Do u know of any pictures of these manifolds installed? I have a 59 Apache 4x4 350