Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects DRAG SNAKE "Vintage Terror!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't get a photo of it but I will tonight if I remember, however I did reinstall the driver text. I was trying to pay homage to the original driver of the original Dragonsnake Tony Stoer. As a joke when they put his name on the car door instead of saying Driver, it said Aimer.

However that is not really a word, aimer. I played around a lot with similar words like: pointer, shooter, etc. But nothing really worked for me. I finally decided instead of aimer to simply put
    Aims It. Which I think gets the point across. So I did find that little missing graphic and installed it this weekend as well.

While I didn't put it on the knockout list I still have a couple of graphic things to do. As someone mentioned it was a bit plain as compared to the rest of the car. So I have been playing around with it as well. I think this is the direction I am going to go.

Former289.jpg

I also have to get the crew names on it and something special for Dad and his contributions etc. And
    finally some where, if not on on the fender in black above the front wheels maybe on the top corner of the windshield in white the A/SP class number etc.

2. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well my cue ball/ivory shifter knob came in today. And after finding some left over helmet graphics stuff in my desk it only took a few minutes for it to find a custom look. I am not sure if I will leave it or not but for now it looks pretty bad ass sitting on my desk! LOL

Resized_20200908_142733_66397685160134.jpeg

4. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Hurry put it on!!! Gary:cool::p:D

loudbang, Deuced Up! and Thor1 like this.
  5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

6. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sancho, Nostrebor, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  7. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

8. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

No SEGA rule on short shifters?:D:D:D

10. map

map

Rear window 1/8 Lexan?

Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  11. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

I need to say thanks for your detailed description of building the egg crate grill.

I’ll be copying your grill for my cobra after this past weekend at the drag strip.

Friday night the car in the other lane left a trail of transmission parts and I picked up a big chunk of his bellhousing in my radiator that put me out of competition for t he rest of the weekend.
    [​IMG]

You probably wouldn’t have that problem because your car has enough horsepower to be out front ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thor1, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  12. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

You probably wouldn’t have that problem because your car has enough horsepower to be out front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sorry bout the mishap but he won’t be out in front of me lol Randall you better get ready for your whoopin cause time is running out for you my friend lmao

13. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Sorry bout the mishap but he won’t be out in front of me lol Randall you better get ready for your whoopin cause time is running out for you my friend lmao[/QUOTE]

Any of you of you coming up north to the Fall Out Drags #5 ?

Got new heads on Tickety Boo, so got some bulls eye rash stickers for you all to receive after your loss :D bulls eye rash.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  14. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Norb verse's Randall verse's Jackson! Chevy verse's Ford verse's Mopar! Missouri Boys verse's the Man from Wisconsin! Who to root for? Decisions, decisions. As all ways I pick the underdog and pick Ford ! ;) lol Larry

15. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Good try norb lol you and Randall are gonna be itchin after poison Ivey’s Dodge leaves you both in the dust lol sure is gonna be funny watching that snake trying to scratch the itch the almighty mopar leaves him with lol

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Well Randall you have no choice now! Jackson must cry like a little girl!! If you can not do it then Norb will have to. And then you and I will receive PM's from James the rest of our life's saying GO CHEVY!!! Is that what you want!! ;););) lol Larry

17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Larry do you think I would have helped Randall if I'm just a chevy man :D

18. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

James your just one of the best car guys I have had a chance to come to Know. And I wish life and the Meltdown drags could have given Me a chance to get to thrash talk this shit with you ,Jackson, Randall and Norb sitting around a grill in the pits with some burgers and brats with some cold beers and laughing our ass's off! All this takes me back in time when this is what cars guys did , talk smack, lend a hand, parts or beer! And just have fun! And I have built and enjoyed most every make built. But everyone likes to talk smack on Fords and I love the under dogs! lol Larry

19. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Those bullseyes look a whole lot like tics n the results of their Lyme-infested bites. ;( ;( .
    Marcus...

20. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Well Wisconsin is know for its pain in the butt tic' s! lol They suck the blood out of you and can be almost as deadly as a snake bite. All Poison Ivey gives you is an annoying rash!;) lol Larry

Tickety Boo, loudbang, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

All I can do is Shake Salt on the wounds :D

22. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

It’s getting close Randall next weekend is it hope you got that snake ready for it’s beating lol.

23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I just may have to come watch this, Larry you in?

24. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

James I got your you tube channel on speed dial. If Jackson and Randall don't have pictures , it didn't happen! lol Larry

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Dang I hope they don't do it Friday, I have to lay my moms remains to rest that day. :(

26. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

No James it’s Sunday Sunday Sunday at smokin mokan dragway oct 4 come see Randall’s cobra slither away from the fear of getting outrun by Jackson driving the world famous poison Ivey’s dodge

27. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Sorry for your loss James :(

28. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Pictures and time slips guys, I will show you mine when I see yours, :D:D:D (with no fancy editing) o_O
    Going to Rock Falls to the Fallout Drags this weekend.

Going to need your P.M. addresses to mail the Bulls eye stickers :p:p:p

chryslerfan55, Thor1, Gammz and 2 others like this.
  29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Norb, say hi to the guys for me. Man have I missed hanging with MDA group.

30. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Will do Salty
    Got to talk to a few MDA guys at Wisconsin International Raceway Vintage Ghost Rods event, Tickety Boo ran new best E.T. while foot braking it :rolleyes: so there is more in it.