Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Vintage Wheels Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robert beenenga, Sep 13, 2020.

1. robert beenenga

robert beenenga
    from tonica ill

Vintage Wheels Swap Meet September 18&19 in Franklin Indiana @ the Johnson co fairgrounds, heard that Scott had over 400 pre registered swap meet spaces sold , should be a great meet to attend, I am going taking some 32 parts, and flathead parts along with a bunch of misc swap stuff, along with my just finished ford speedster see ya there , whos all going ?

wraymen likes this.
  2. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

I sure didn't see any advertising on this anywhere. everything in my area has been cancelled.

3. hotrod37

hotrod37
    from Indiana

Here is info on the swap meet.

THE SEPTEMBER18 & 19 SHOW IS ON !

We have been approved by the health dept to hold our event.
    If you are planning on attending we will need the name and phone # of all attendees. If you are driving in at the gate be prepared to give it to our gate people or to help speed your entry have it written down in advance and hand it in.

Mask wearing will be mandatory inside all buildings and strongly encouraged while at the event.

We also ask that everyone do their part in maintaining your distance from others. This is a large facility and we have wide aisles!

Vendor information will be going out this coming week.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. We have been getting tons of calls from everyone asking if we will be having the show and have worked very hard to make this happen.

4. lake_harley

lake_harley

"If you are planning on attending we will need the name and phone # of all attendees."

Does that mean buyers as well as those selling?

Lynn

5. tim troutman

tim troutman

been loading up stuff all day . hope to sell it all & buy some stuff I think I need. talked to Scott today expects a good turnout

6. hotrod37

hotrod37
    from Indiana

County health department requested the name/number info. Assume for COVID tracing.
    Anyone attending they said on their FaceBook page. I was just posting what I read.

7. tim troutman

tim troutman

hoping for a good turn out

8. lake_harley

lake_harley

Just got home after a 10+ Hr. round trip to Franklin and thought it was well worth the time spent. Traveled with 2 friends and although we didn't buy a truck load of parts, we all came away with things we wanted, needed, and generally enjoyed the swap meet. Of swap meets I've been to recently (2 others in the last 3 or 4 weeks) Franklin was my favorite. Well laid out, nicely displayed parts (thankfully few trailers 1 foot deep with junk) in general a good swap meet. If you see this in time and can go to Franklin on Saturday I don't think you'll regret it.

Lynn

9. Did post some pics. So we can virtually shop with you.

10. lake_harley

lake_harley

Sorry, no photos to tease. The thought of taking pictures just never crosses my mind.

Lynn

11. robert beenenga

robert beenenga
    from tonica ill

got home late saturday night from the swap meet, one super turn out of people and venders, laid out very good, car show on saturday, model car swap and show, and the truck guys as well, all and all a very good swap vender swap spaces sold out, lots of parts, I will be headed that way in the spring , third weekend in may 2021

lake_harley likes this.
  12. tim troutman

tim troutman

sold some bought some great swap meet