Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods getting back into it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by silent rick, Sep 11, 2020.

1. silent rick

silent rick

2. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

First picture.

juan motime, X38, Boryca and 2 others like this.
  3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

We probably should have seen a first drive video long ago :D
    They both look good depending on the level of finish on the rest of the car.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  4. Kelsey's definitely.

Charlie Stephens

olscrounger and Stogy like this.

5. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-9-11_9-3-1.png
    Hello,

This photoshop looks more aggressive and complete. It has some style from the late 60s and it gives the plain roadster some quality. The other all-black version looks dull and plain. But, before someone goes off of the deep end complaining, it all depends on your style and taste. Something is missing from that set up. That angle of the photograph is saying that it also needs a body extension, too. If given an extension, someone could fit in comfortably on a short or long road trip without "eating knees" along the way.

Jnaki

It just does not look comfortable for any kind of road trip or just cruising around. Maybe for a "knees up" short ride to the local Cars and Coffee, but still, I can hear the normal knees complaining to the body all the way to the parking lot. It is a fact of life that approximately 60% of the people on the HAMB have some kind of knee problem. YRMV

My ride in a normal T-Roadster was exciting, but the whole time, the knees were almost above the angle of comfort for a normal seating position. But, that is the roadster style of things one has to put up with if that is your style and build.

Muttley, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  6. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

Dont like the back wheels in the 2nd version - not usually a fan of early wires, but the first pic looks "right"

7. silent rick

silent rick

i'd have to re-think the whole rear suspension if i went cheater slicks to keep the axle from ripping the welds loose.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  8. silent rick

silent rick

007_zps0f5381ef (1).jpg

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Tim like this.
  9. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-9-11_9-14-51.png 1958-59 Lion's Dragstrip

Hello,

That style of roadster has been done in different ways back in 1958-59 era. Here is a similar body, but with a few custom touches added in. Was it a street roadster? It seems to be missing a radiator/grille, so it is probably a smaller cubic inch altered class roadster.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK2hHVmFHkA

Jnaki

Short body, cramped driving style, it has been done. But, looks like a lot of fun for short drives. ...Like a 15 sec. quarter mile run or 5 minute drive to the local car show.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. Fordors

Fordors

Rick, to my eye the early wires fit the theme of the car much better. Strombergs and Fenton headers say old school and the Hallcrafts and mags say Fad T.

11. My vote is for the third picture...

12. Black wheels please.

13. Hey Silent Rick, it's excellent either way..... I like everything in black though, on a personal level. Kick -ass ride either way...I"d jam myself in there and drive the crap outta it!

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  14. silent rick

silent rick

i'm embarrassed by the dates on the photos. i went from just a body and frame to all that in a little over a year and basically nothing the past 7 years. what happened to the silent rick i used to know?

15. Fordors

Fordors

Trust me, you are not alone, life gets in the way. And I don’t just speak for myself.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Very cool modified... I like the black wires best....

X38 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. Driver50x

Driver50x

Life gets in the way sometimes. But that’s OK, just get back to work!

18. Black wheels look like an old style street driven hot rod. Second pic looks like a drag car.

19. 6sally6

6sally6

Definitely "door-number-two!!" I wanna see how you keep the drag link parallel to the road.
    Nice ride.
    6sally6

20. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Early Ford wires!