Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another Av8 build thread!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by skatermann, Mar 19, 2012.

1. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

you are doing GOOD with your parts dept. it is going to a COOL ASS COUPE good luck & have FUNNNnnnnn :D:D :cool::cool:

2. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

keep picking at looking good

3. Andy

Andy

You want a 32 wishbone if you use the K member. 34 is too short.

4. Congrats on scoring the shop. Having a decent place to work makes all the difference. And NEXT DOOR? That's just too cool!

5. I will be lengthening the '34 wishbone to fit my frame, a stock '32 one would need to be lengthened as well because I stretched the wheelbase a little.

Thank you! And yes I couldn't be happier about the commute!

6. blackandgold

blackandgold
    from Wisconsin

Man every post you do makes me even more jealous. I'm 18 and share a '79 Firebird with my dad. I have a short block coming within the next week and will start assembling as soon as it shows up!

I've had the itch to build a roadster on deuce rails (either 30/31 A body or 32... Undecided still) for a while. I actually found this thread while I was looking at ideas. Great work and glad to see the shop!

7. Thank you! I feel very lucky to be where I am right now, and I worked my way up to all of it starting with a vw bug in one corner of my dad's wood shop. Hard work pays off. Keep focused on the task at hand and you will get your roadster! Heck I might even know where theres most of a '30-31 roadster body....

Joe

13clicks and blackandgold like this.
  8. 13clicks

13clicks

I like what you're doing with that coupe. I live in rough and ready. I have a 36 coupe. Let's hook up and bullshit some day.

9. Thanks man! Yeah that would be cool!

10. blackandgold

blackandgold
    from Wisconsin

Any new updates?

11. Not much to report, but I picked up my reground merc crank, Ross Pistons and ford rods all balanced just waiting on my block.. Also picked up some great old steel wheels and smooth hubcaps so I switched my firestones over to them... Yeah!

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Thanks to all those still watching. Its been a crazy year so far, I'm moving to a new shop next month, buying a new tig welder, and I am super inspired and stoked for the many good things to come. Anyone looking for high quality metalwork in NorCal, done by a passionate young guy at a very affordable rate give me a call!!!
    (530) 687-2465
    Thanks!
    Joe Mann

OahuEli, Outback and Jet96 like this.
  12. blackandgold

blackandgold
    from Wisconsin

Looking good! Keep the updates coming. Let me know if you feel like opening a Wisconsin branch, lol

13. hammerd 31

hammerd 31

Can't wait to see more, thanks and good luck!

14. blackandgold

blackandgold
    from Wisconsin

15. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What happened man???

16. blackandgold

blackandgold
    from Wisconsin

Yeah! This was a cool project.

17. I haven’t had a shop space in about a year... the coupe has been in storage :( but I’m working on getting back at it ASAP!
    I haven’t thrown the rag

blackandgold and patmanta like this.