Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Nature has a way to eliminate no longer productive people

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys36, Sep 3, 2020.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

2. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

There are at least 2 sockets hidden somewhere in the front suspension of my O/T SUV, dropped them, never hit the floor. Screw it, they’re metric so they don’t fit any of the good stuff.....

Blues4U and pitman like this.
  4. I use mat for most everything. Plenty strong enuf. 3 layers will build most anything you can make. That's what I used for my Mysterion clone body. the body was then reinforced with a skeleton of 1" steel tubing but the 3 layers were plenty for strength.
    P1010393.JPG

Driver50x likes this.
  5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I have done that a time or three.

chriseakin and Baumi like this.
  6. topher5150

topher5150

I got a wild idea for a part got out the angle grinder and some 12 gauge and started hacking away. What I forgot was that I was wearing flip flops and got a hot little nugget right between the piggies. Blistered up one toe almost instantly and burned through a few layers on the other one.

lippy likes this.
  7. gene-koning

gene-koning

Glasses are getting pretty expensive these days! They used to be pretty cheap.

This is one I've never done! The fact I don't drink coffee doesn't count, does it?

Another thing I've found is that as I get older is my skin must be getting pretty thin, things that didn't used to leave a mark are now drawing blood. These days, it seems like if I bump something, it draws blood.

The sparks from welding hurt more too. I also need an extra light to be able to be sure I'm welding where I'm suppose to be welding.

And thanks for talking about peeing, now I gotta go again. Speaking about peeing, Lord help me when I hear water running, and feeling water running, yea....
    I'm sure there is more. Getting old ain't for wimps. Gene

chriseakin and trollst like this.
  8. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I used to wake up and jump out of bed . No more jumping allowed.:oops:

chriseakin likes this.
  9. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Attached Files:

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  10. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Soylent Green come to mind..,.

williebill and Deuces like this.
  11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

A friend brought back a Hyd scale I had loaned him which I forgot I did. Now I need it to loan to another friend and I can't find it!:confused: Went and got stapled to fix a peeing problem and still waiting for "results" but my bowels got jealous so now there is a competition with my bladder.:eek:

Wanderlust likes this.
  12. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

You guys need more vitamin C, fresh fruit and vegetables, and maybe vitamin D to promote healing and stronger skin. Not to mention better overall health.

Blues4U, Baumi and seb fontana like this.
  13. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

it's funny this came up today. i was with some friends today and between loosing your train of thought to not being able to remember peoples names we were a strange lot. all i know is, it's a good thing we don't breed anymore. oh yea, just about every single thing on this thread i represent it.

14. Soylent Green.....great movie from the 70's..............

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are a band of brothers from different mothers.
    I honestly spend more time looking for tools and the parts I bought "back when" than I actually do working. I've found that the plastic or metal top tray out of an old small tool box works great for putting the tools you are going to use on a project in and if you return them to it you don't have to hunt for them and they are all there to put away in the tool box.
    One problem is that I have bought so much stuff that should be in my still unbuilt shop that is stashed in my 10x20 garage that I barley have room to get back to the tool box. Plus three engines and a long block in there. I really need to drag everything in the middle outside and clean it to the walls, find all the dropped tools and swamp it out and organize the parts in the file cabinets I have for each project.

I can remember that 35 years ago we sprayed a lot of lacquer paint jobs with no mask and blew colored snot for days.

I bought a real good face shield a few years ago and am pretty good about using it but ever since I got a hot welding spark in my eye in the 70's I have been pretty good about reaching for a face shield.

I pulled a bone head move working on my car trailer a while back when I had one of the springs off and had the axle setting on a floor jack. The trailer was held up on that corner with my chain hoist and blocked up so it wasn't going anywhere but after I got the spring in place I had to slide out from under the trailer to reach the U bolts and bumped the jack handle and dropped the drum right on my nose, Felt like I had been punched by George Forman. Crawled out, blood going everywhere, scare the hell out of the cat and grabbed a blue shop towel to try to slow it down until I got in the house where I spent a couple of hours before I was up to going back and finishing the job. No permanent damage but I had a sore beak for a month.

Now I really do need to clean out that garage and sort stuff out so I don't buy the same parts again because I forgot I bought them .

pitman and wicarnut like this.
  16. I do all that health stuff but doesn't hep if you are on baby aspirin regimen. Thin blood = purple arms.

dehartcarl, X-cpe, trollst and 3 others like this.
  17. wicarnut

wicarnut

AGREE with everyone, Aging is a trip. It's So Frustrating for me as every project/repair done along with the physical/mental changes of age we have to deal with, I hate it ! The positive, still enjoy the hobby, just not so much the garage part anymore. Been cruising all summer, enjoying the beauty of Northern Wi. very few car shows, put some miles on, I still like just going for a ride, always have my garmin with and when I have to punch in home when lost, I'll know it's time, CRAFT has arrived, now only dealing with CRS. LOL

loudbang likes this.
  18. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

The cool thing is that you can enjoy it just as much tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Rickybop and loudbang like this.
  19. Over the winter I installed dropped spindles on the the Volare front suspension in My F-1. On the first test drive this spring I noticed a noise that was wheel dependent, if the truck was rolling it was there, slow with slow speed, more frequent as speed increased. Convinced it was something I had done during the install, I tore the front end down to the spindles twice, each time getting more aggravated. This continued off and on for over about 2 months, I'd get frustrated leave it alone for awhile then try again. I even put dykem on parts to look for interference points.
    Finally I put the whole truck up on jack stands and crawled under once again (at 73 no mean task), as I did I happened to look at the rear, there, very obvious was one of the e-brake cable end laying on the drive shaft u-joint, ding ding every revolution. At least at that point it was an easy fix.

20. I dread getting underneath a car now, takes forever to get in there.
    When I'm done doing what I need to do I lay there for awhile.

I wear arm sleeves now working on my car and around the house.
    They are a pain in the ass, thanks to those pesky blood thinners...

warhorseracing and loudbang like this.
  21. I don't know what is worse, at 77, the brain still works, but the inputs (eyes and ears) don't. I can still remember where I put that special thing I stored 20 years ago, as long as I haven't moved it. If I have moved it to a new and better place, when I need the article, I will go right back to where I originally stored it, and stand there like a dummy, knowing that I have moved it and that it could take up to 2 years to find it.
    Bob

22. noboD

noboD

Did you ever put a long zip tie on someones driveshaft? Sounds pretty much the same.

23. Among other things, I have found out that old folks don't bounce. I was loading an old frame on my farm trailer when I went too far and backed into the railing, sending me overboard. Only a couple of feet, but I landed like a sack of sand. Cracked a rib....and I used to jump off of our roof as a kid, just for fun.:(

24. cfmvw

cfmvw

I still do a lot of mountain biking at the age of 55, but I also have a great chiropractor who sorts me out every time I do something stupid, like crash into the puckies or wipe out when I take a bend a little (lot) too fast. He also gives me hell about it and always reminding me that I'm not exactly a kid anymore.

pitman, Baumi, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  25. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You might remember the scene from the cartoon Quick Draw McGraw, where he's hiding behind a rock shooting at a bad guy.
    He pops up from behind the rock, points the gun and shoots it. Then he ducks back down, brings the gun to his face and blows the smoke out of the barrel. He does this three or four times pretty quickly. He's getting a good rhythm going.
    Finally, he pops up one more time, aims the gun, blows out through his lips, then ducks back down, again brings the gun to his face and pulls the trigger.
    That's me.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  26. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's hell when you're sandblasting.

j-jock likes this.
  27. You are just a kid.

cfmvw, williebill and Six Ball like this.
  28. AZbent

AZbent

As we get older, we have to remember 2 pieces of advice I got from my FIL.
    1. Never trust a fart.
    2. Never take a laxative and asleeping pill at the same time.

Blues4U, jimmy six and j-jock like this.
  29. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Then there`s the saying from my Dad.Just remember" Beware. The golden years just might be brass plated pot metal".:eek::rolleyes::p.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

VANDENPLAS and 56don like this.
  30. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What was the question?

VANDENPLAS, Driver50x and Blues4U like this.