Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 Y-block intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by j-b_vintage, Sep 8, 2020.

1. j-b_vintage

j-b_vintage

Hi, I am in the need to find an Y-block factory intake for a friend.

I checked casting numbers and I am some confused.

Engine block is EBV-6015-C, I read on some sources it is a 239 from a 1955 truck.

Intake is ECW-9425-B, other sources list it as a 272 intake. I don't know if this intake was changed, or it was installed as is from factory.

I see there are many intakes for sale with different casting numbers, does anyone know which ones fit a EBV block?

The engine is swapped in a 1941 Ford 1-1/2 ton truck since many years ago.

2. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Look for one from a ‘57 or newer to allow better carb options. If you have a ‘55 intake on a 239 engine, the others should fit as well because of the y blocks the 239 was the “most different”.
    With that being said, you may need Venturi vacuum for the distributor unless you move up to a ‘57 or newer one of those.
    Why the desire to change the intake?

3. j-b_vintage

j-b_vintage

Thankyou for the info. The intake is cracked at the runners

4. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Nothing beats “ it’s broken” as a reason for replacement. :cool:

5. 54vicky

54vicky

I think if you post this on the ford barn you may get more help as it is a specific site.and it is part of the hamb family

6. I have a 56 intake that I would get rid of cheap, but would also agree with putting a 57 intake on it. That is why I have a 56 I don’t need. I am keeping my original, but came across a second one on a 312 I have.

7. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All will fit. It’s the ports from the later manifold that are larger than early heads. If the guy doesn’t car if it’s a 2 barrel I would look for a 57-64. They take the later base and 350 cams work great on them. A nice air cleaner will cover it anyway.
    AVater makes a good point on the distributor, not knowing if the one in the 41 is a loadmatic or not. I’ve never seen a 239 in a 55 and wonder which distributor gear it has.

8. I recently adapted an aftermarket 272/292 intake to a 239 and it was more involved than you might think. the ports are quite different. if you put 239 intake gaskets on top of 272 gaskets you will see gaps that would never seal. I had to make thin plates the shape of the gaskets that went between the gaskets and adapted the ports together. so 2 gaskets and an adapter plate each side. Not close to smooth flowing but it runs fine.

KiWinUS and 46international like this.
  9. Yes the 239 ports are much smaller than any others. here are pictures of 292 intake gaskets laid over 239 gaskets. Huge vacuum leaks, the block # isn't important it's the heads that matter. IMG_0502.JPG IMG_0503.JPG