Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need help DC gold spark rotor and top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CheatersPete, Sep 9, 2020.

1. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

Hello All

can anybody assist me finding a rotor and top for my gold spark distributor ?

Thanks a million

Attached Files:

2. Just read this on the net, so don’t take it for gospel.

“I think they use Chrysler type points and cap/rotor, any auto parts store should be able to match them up, Standard ignition products line or blue streak.”
    And this,

“120123 accel. I have had many old accel Mopar distributors that take that cap#
    Looks just like it. 3 3/4" diameter housing.

I googled them to see what they were about ,must be like the Spalding Flamethrower distributor. Run 2 of everything.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  3. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

Thanks a lot but the Chrysler type is too small in diameter... thanks for your help

Barrelnose pickup likes this.
  4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

^^^ nope that is a W&H dual coil distributor only after Mr Gasket bought them out. there is no oem replacement for the cap or the rotor that fires off both ends. I have seen caps and rotors both here in the classifieds and on ebay wh.jpg wh2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Barrelnose pickup likes this.

5. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

6. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

That is one of the best ignitions ever made with the exception being a Magneto.....

7. alchemy

alchemy

Many years ago I bought a few NOS caps like that from Fox Valley Hot Rods. They were the black Mr. Gasket style, but they fit my old W&H DuCoils. Give him a call and see if he still has any.

8. As a matter of interest, do they run 2 coils?
    Interesting rotor and cap.
    Sorry Moriarity , just reread your post.

Moriarity likes this.
  9. The caps and rotors were from an OE application. I used to know back when I was trying to hoard caps and rotors, but I can't remember exactly any longer. I think it might have been from a late 1920s/early 1930s Lincoln or Packard or similar, but don't quote me on that. There are also rotors that look similar from the top side, but have a slightly different keying shape (D vs. slot & tab), so one needs to be careful when purchasing.

Individual replacement caps and rotors tend to be expensive. It seems to be cheaper just to buy a used DuCoil for a SBC that's in good shape to scavenge for the cap and rotor.