Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage This years Hindenberg dirt track

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatordead, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Had some fun at the track lately. Here some flicks.....
    Btw, that's my wife in the #44

2. alchemy

alchemy

Are you the guy who used to come to the US and shop the swap meets, while your wife bought up old Levi's? Then you'd ship them back home? If so, I met you at the Des Moines Swap Meet about 20 years ago.

3. Man,I really enjoyed watching the video's. HRP

volvobrynk likes this.

4. Reminds me of Gardena stadium in the '50's. (This is somewhere else).

1956-BH52-gs-cars_75-79-83JPEG.jpg

jimmy six likes this.
  5. Alchemy,

yes that was me back then when a chooped up Thickstun intake was $120.
    Havent been in Des Moines for long time.
    Is the swap meet still going on at the Fairgrounds?

6. alchemy

alchemy

No, that swap by that club is not there anymore. There is another group that puts on spring and fall swaps out in the parking lot though. Smaller, and not much old stuff any more.

Give me a ring if you ever come back to central Iowa. But this time I won't let you steal the Thickstuns. ;)

7. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Awsome video. Reminds me of my younger years at our local 3/8 mile bull ring. My first dirt experience was in a '56 Buick that I built in Ag Shop as a senior in H/S.

8. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Where is this track located(near what town?) How big is it? How often do you have races? How do you determine 'classes'? Do you have any 'rulebook'? These pictures could(aside from the announcer)have been filmed near almost any small town in the USA between the late 1950's & late 1960's!! GOOD SHOW!!!

9. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

10. Very neat man!

11. Thanks for all the good feedback.. We really apreachiate it.
    drtrcr, the thing happens only once a year. But we are able to do practice runs or training a few times over the year. The track is located about 70 miles south of Berlin (former East Germany). It used to be and still is a MC speedway track since the early 70's. We do it now for about five years at the Hindenberg track and did it on a smaller track before that. The track it self is a long one about 1/2mile. The classes are motorcycles (no special classes, but must be 4stroke up to 1959), MODIFIED (anything up to1934, must be flathead powered) and LATE MODEL (anything 1935-59, engines up to 1985). Pre 35 coupes and sedans can run in the late model class when they meet the tech specs for that class. All cars must be US made, no trucks, 4x4 or stations. There is a rule book, not an exact copy of US rule books. But I had the rulebook from the Midwest vintage stock car Ass send to me and used it as a guide line. There is a website for that event
    www.hindenberg-dirt-track..com

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. cs39ford

cs39ford

Are you the the track annoouncer. Sounds like you

13. mike bowling

mike bowling

EXCELLANT VIDEOS! I can't wait for Spring and getting back in the seat again. Thanks!

14. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

15. slv63

slv63

16. Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  17. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Man that's sweet. Anybody care to explain the front spring setup on the speedster in the first video? It's the one shown before you play the video. Looks like model T frame with the crossmember inverted. Then an A spring and axle mounted behind the spring perches? Doesn't appear to have shackles?