Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your garage/shop have a name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old kid, Jul 18, 2006.

1. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

does your garage/shop have a name. if so lets hear em. my shop is in my basement, thus the name The Subteranian Lovesick Garage.

2. 55Monterey

55Monterey

3. I think it was SodBuster that hung the PorknBean Ranch on my place. But that was in the nieghborhood.

We just call this new place the new diggs. the garage is normally called the garage or the shop.

4. Flatattack

Flatattack

My mates call mine the "Garage-Mahall":confused:

5. flynstone

flynstone

6. 37CoupeE

37CoupeE

Mine is the "Fortress of Solitude".
    When you have a wife and a 16 and 11 year old daughters it is needed.
    If it had a bed, I wouldn't have to leave.

7. Day Dream Customs.....since that's what I did through much of school....day dream about customs. :)

8. fatabone

fatabone

9. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I've been trying to buy an old firestation for over a year now. Lots of red tape, but I'm determined it will be mine some day. I'm gonna call it the "He-Man Woman Haters Club" just like in the Little Rascals. I don't hate women though. In fact, I love 'em.

Doc.

10. flathead okie

flathead okie

My son bought me a street sign that says ASSHOLES GARAGE. it is proudly displayed above the walkin door.

11. RodLand

RodLand

My wife calls it the CITY DUMP. I just call it my place.

12. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

13. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I have a picture of all my cars in front of the garage hanging up at work. I wrote in my nicest script "Nick's Speed & Custom Shop" on the bottom.

14. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

'the driveway'

15. AHotRod

AHotRod

Shop name? .....yea..... the wife says: Are you headed out to the Cave?

I preferr 'The HotRod Barn' ......some of my buddies call it the place of " Caveman's Custom Creations" ........ it's just HOME to me :)

16. rjb

rjb
    from ICT KS

Mom and Pop's Chop Shop... (the one-car garage out back)

rjb

17. Arizona Geezer

Arizona Geezer

Yup, over the walk-in door is a sign that says "Buster's Beer Place", and a new sign to go over the overhead door will read "Buster's Garage and Cantina".........out back is a 3 walled 4x8 structure with a sign overhead that reads "Buster's Pee Pee Station".

18. tdoty

tdoty

"Chopsaw Engineering (Close Enough for Who it's For)"

It would be more appropriate if it was my crap actually getting worked on in there, instead of other peoples daily driven, rusty, oily, greasy crap! I'd rather work on my own rusty, oily, greasy crap :cool:

Tim D.

19. I call my place "The Play House". Any time you can walk out your back door and do what I do with Old Cars, it can't be work. Besides to be a job you should Make Money, God knows I don't do that. My wife says "I'm out back playing around when people ask if I'm here. Hense, "The Play House"
    The Wizzard

20. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I usually call mine "the pit"...because it usually is messy

Bill

21. QQMOON

QQMOON

At the moment its the Hambster Garage the rest of the time its just the Shed

22. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Hot Rod Heaven --- not so unique but it gets the job done

23. Just the garage. It's generic, but it works.

24. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

We call my shop "Strange Days" cause of all the weird projects that find their home there.

Attached Files:

25. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

Mine is "Vintage Customs"

26. DrJ

DrJ

The garage is just the garage but the enclosed patio on the side of the garage, where my forever in progress Model A is currently residing, we call "The Boat House".
    The reason is, I have a Snark sailboat and when we first bought the house, I put it in "The Boat House" and even though I almost immediately moved the boat to the attic space above the machine shop/laundry room which is also part of the garage, the name stuck on "The Boat House"
    Besides, it sounds so high-falutin' to have a boat house, (or just odd?) especially a mile and a half from the nearest body of water one can put a boat in.

27. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

Craphouse Central.

28. tragic59

tragic59

During the first season of that reality TV show about the comedians... "The Last Comic"... or something like that... Anyways, they were showing some home-footage of one of the comedians and he had a sign labeling his garage/shop as the "Spousal Avoidance Chamber". I thought that had a good ring to it, and told my wife that when I finally get a proper shop, I'm going to have a similar sign made for mine. She didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did.

29. kermit

kermit
    from WI

I have two signs on my shop. The sign on front say Du's Hy 67 Rod Shop.

The sign over the side door says "Du's Hot Rod Shop. I copied Boyd's sign but ditched his attitude and rudness. Works for me. I love it. 1500 sq ft of air conditioned, stereo driven fun place to play. Evreything but a lift and I am thinkin' bout that real hard.

Kermit:D

30. bcarlson

bcarlson

My middle name is Henry, named after my maternal great-grandfather, whose birthday I was born on. Anyways, Michelle calls me "B-Henry" for some reason, so when I got the truck she asked me one day if I was going out to Henry's Hot Rod Shop? It stuck, but we shortened it to "Henry's Rod Shop".

Ben