Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Saving watermarked Photobucket pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sgtlethargic, Sep 5, 2020.

1. If you have watermarked Photobucket pictures in an old comment of yours, you can save them without the watermark when the comment is in edit mode.

2. Photobucket sucks. Smugmug is the best.

3. Photobucket was great until they got greedy, Looking at the old threads I would say 90% of us said fuck it and would not pay the ransom. AWESOME business model. NOT

loudbang likes this.
  4. The point is that I found and saved old pictures that I had lost due to computer failures.

firstinsteele and Tman like this.

5. You would probably have to have the account. If it came from your old photobucket account. Then you log in. Copy paste the link and see if you can trace it back to the folder it is in. I have not logged in for years. But they are still trying to threaten to remove pics. I don’t think they do to avoid lawsuits.

6. yes, I still get threats as well

7. I haven't logged in to Photobucket for years. I came across watermarked pictures I had posted in 2009. I was able to save them without the watermarks. I was only able to do that when I had the comment in edit mode. In edit mode, there were no watermarks.

abe lugo likes this.

8. Are you "finding" them on this site or another/others?

Ben

9. On this site.

firstinsteele likes this.
  10. OK.
    To clarify, if I have pictures on here , in MY post, that photobucket watermarked, I can go to edit an it is not watermarked. Right. I can't check as I never used photobucket.

Thanks
    Ben

11. Right.

It's only for pictures hosted on Photobucket.

12. jnaki

jnaki

Hey S,

Do some screenshots to show him the "before and after" the example you are trying to explain. That seems like it is the simplest way to show how it is done. Blah on photobucket...use your own external hard drives, whether they are ssd or hdd versions. The hdd versions last forever and the ssd versions are super fast. With the new ssd versions coming out now, the hdd versions are super low in cost for the multiple TB versions 1 TB is plenty of space for any photo collection.

Jnaki

Once anyone gets their clean photos back, then use the external hard drives to store them. the small size physically makes it easy to grab and go in an emergency, like a raging fire or approaching hurricane.

13. brading

brading

I can save some other peoples P/B pictures with out the watermark in Firefox. I downloaded " photobucket embeded fix". I have never had a P/B account. Note it does not work every time.