Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 Doll Build Page

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 33Doll, Mar 20, 2020.

1. 33Doll

33Doll

Here’s a 33 when it was just sitting in the shop with rollers on it course I would put more More nostalgic tires
    And narrower fronts. Plus my dads and uncles wheel stuck out way farther because they had wheel adapters I wouldn’t have all that!
    I don’t know I still like the rocket raider rims the best I think?

Adjustments.JPG 2E8924FB-7DA6-4C55-B390-516F0924F004.jpeg

2. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Hard to go wrong with slots!

33Doll, brEad and loudbang like this.
  3. 33Doll

33Doll

Do You like the slots better than the Rocket Radirs?
    I’m torn because I grew up with mags, but the raider type wheels remind me of the Munsters and stuff!

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  4. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Either or!
    With a flatty I would run an earlier style wheel. Like chrome reverse, slot, or Halibrand

loudbang likes this.
  5. 33Doll

33Doll

Finally Got some Garage Time today!
    Only about 5 hours, but I got the broken parts of the frame, patched and welded and prepped for welding the crossmember in!
    Its just to Friggin Hot in Nor-Cal like a 100! Thought I would get Zapped from the welder being drenched in sweat!
    Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG IMG_0094.JPG IMG_0099.JPG IMG_0097.JPG IMG_0099.JPG IMG_0100.JPG Adjustments.JPG IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

6. loudbang

loudbang

You really should remove all rings when working and welding.

7. 33Doll

33Doll

I would if I wasn’t Fat!
    Cant get it off!
    I’m bonded to the Wench Forever!
    Held Captive!

2bubbas, triumph 1, brEad and 3 others like this.
  8. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

9. loudbang

loudbang

LOL I understand, when my father died his beloved USMC WWII ring had to be cut off. I wear it proudly with a cut in it. :)

10. 33Doll

33Doll

Man I’ve been looking on the Internet for several days, trying to find pictures of the 5 inch wide US mags that they sell at Summit and speedway, on an actual streetrod, and finally found this one, I think it’s gonna be perfect! It’s got the 5 inch front with the Coker 560 tires, I just don’t know if they are 165 or 155 I was thinking about going with 155. A little bit smaller to match the pro track 60s in the back. I want to get 9 inch wide with a 5 inch backspace that would be perfect! They would only Stick out about an inch or so
    It would still have that 70’s look I like, but not stick way out there cartoonish. But, I think when they are tucked under
    The fenders, it looks to modern street roddish. Kind of like the picture, ( although its nice) front is perfect though!
    Adjustments.JPG

11. 33Doll

33Doll

These Tires:
    The tread on the fronts match the 60’s pretty good also!
    Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG
    I need to sell some stuff!

12. 33Doll

33Doll

2020 will never be forgotten!
    I know this is all supposed to be Car related... but with all the events happening this year so far in 7 months, I just have to kind of summarize I have nowhere else to express these things...

So we started off in March with the Covid crisis, then I get a lot of work done on my car due to the stay at home order. Then a really good friend of ours dies... then I get a appendix attack... then they find a hernia that I’m still waiting for a surgery... then on Saturday my mom dies! I’m really hating this year so far.... and to top it all off the weather here in Northern California has been stranger than it’s ever been, and fire season started already again!

The good thing about this… Is that my mom left me some money, once her Estate is all settled, which is going to be a long process because I’m gonna have to do all the work, because my brother is a lazy bum!

I will be able to build The 33’ Doll with all the parts that I only dreamt about, so that’s a good thing, but I kind of feel guilty for doing that, but that’s what she probably would want, since she used to drive that car.
    My Pop gave it to me....
    my mom is giving me the money to fix it up! So that is the way I look at...
    it’s just so bitter sweet...

Sandi obituary photo.jpg IMG_2488.JPG Adjustments.JPG

13. @33Doll, I understand you. My mom has stage 4 breast cancer and we’ve got her in remission right now but it is only a matter of time. I know there will be money from her estate when she’s gone but I’d give that up in a heartbeat if I could buy her more time. I’m very sorry for your loss.

-Brent-, bchctybob, 33Doll and 4 others like this.
  14. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Sorry about your Mom, I know its a tough thing to deal with.

15. 31Apickup

31Apickup

16. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Sorry to hear about your mom dude.

My mom is fighting bone cancer and multiple myeloma right now. 2020 has indeed been a shitty year.

17. Man, so sorry to hear about your mom. Praying for you and your family in this time. Seems you have had your share of trials this year.

18. loudbang

loudbang

What a rough year for you and yours. :(

19. Damn .. man, what a beautiful lady. I'm very sorry for your loss. Wish words helped. They don't.

God bless you, & all you love.

20. Sorry to hear about your mother, and your health issues thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

21. J_J2

J_J2

I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. My prayers are with you. Finishing the car in their memory will be a great tribute.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

33Doll, -Brent- and loudbang like this.
  23. bchctybob

bchctybob

You're not kidding about 2020. Heartfelt condolences for the loss of your Mom. Hang in there.

33Doll, -Brent-, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  24. -Brent-

-Brent-

I'm so sorry for your loss. Truly.

Thanks for sharing. I believe that honesty makes the HAMB a better place.

25. trollst

trollst

DSC05307.JPG Yup, 2020 been a shitty one for us too, the only bright spot this year....I sold my roadster to a guy who loves it. Now we're in fire season and we live in the middle of what would otherwise be a beautiful scenic part of the world....in what could very well be an oven if the campers aren't careful. Summertime is beautiful and scary.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    chryslerfan55, 33Doll and loudbang like this.
  26. 33Doll

33Doll

My Pop’s gave me all these cool dash plaques from Rod runs dating back to 71’. What should I do with them?

Make a back board and frame them?
    Or... trade them like playing cards?
    Dunno....
    Adjustments.JPG

27. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Really sorry to read about your Mum, having had a family loss here last month I feel some of your pain.

Have you seen the Irontrap Garage 33 sedan build? @IronTrap Matt is running mags and it looks pretty good!

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  28. triumph 1

triumph 1

So sorry to hear about your mom.
    Thoughts & prayers to you & your family.
    The car looks great! Keep plugging away when life allows you the time....

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

29. I would definitely save them.