Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Fasenal shipping?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, Aug 31, 2020.

1. anybody here used Fasenal shipping?..do you need an account to ship with them?
    ...having no luck getting a shipping quote on their website.
    Thanks.

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hombre likes this.
  3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

A few years ago I sold a really nice unsplit deuce wishbone to a customer in Florida. It was to large for UPS or Fed X so I checked Fasenal and all I had to do was strap it on a pallet and deliver it to the local store. If I remember right it took 5 work days to go from Nebraska to Florida and arrived undamaged and it was under 50.00. I needed no special account. I did call the store direct and did not use their site.

4. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

yup - Ive used it multiple times

5. Only 'some' Fastenal stores that have the right kind of loading/unloading area are involved in the shipping business. Don't be surprised if you check with your local one and they don't know what you're talking about.
    If you checked online and didn't find the info, you need to check harder. It's all there.

weps likes this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They haven't been shipping anything for people the past few months because of the virus thing.

The road is torn up in front of the closest one to me plus they weren't letting people in the stores and were doing a call your order in and pick it up in the parking lot thing and I don't know if that has changed.
    As others said, it is a check with your local store thing any time but especially right now. This map shows if shipping is available at all from close to you or to where you want to ship to.
    Info here including that only certain stores are giving quotes right now. https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/3pl-third-party-logistics shipping-map-1110px.png

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  7. chopperbuilder1

chopperbuilder1

I have used them for motorcycle frames, front ends and motors and they have always been super fast and reliable, nothing has ever been damaged.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are primarily handling their own products on their trucks so the fork lift operators and people that handle stuff may be a bit more careful than the freight company workers who don't have a vested interest in the load. When I lived in Texas I used to go to a freight company's salvage store just about every Wednesday on my lunch hour to see what they had new. Bought a lot of 4x8 sheets of 16 gauge steel that were damaged on one corner where a fork lift had hit them for 3.00 a sheet then. The place had a bunch of new stuff every week that was usually slightly damaged or sometime on a pallet where one or two pieces were damaged and the whole pallet was rejected.

9. thanks for the feedback;...I went to the store, can't walk in due to the virus, called the phone number on the door while I was still in the parking lot, guy says they do ship, but I needed to go online to get a quote, did that but can't get my request to go thru when I get to the "request" button...after I filled out all the required info...?
    ...got my buddy on the receiving end of this item I want to send checking it out also.
    Thanks again.

weps likes this.
  10. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Have the buyer make the arrangements, then you need only worry about packing and dropping off. He pays at his end, shipping label will be printed when you drop the stuff off.Just did a pair of wheels from Syracuse to Tennessee for 70 bucks or so. Other option is Greyhound.

11. ...my local Greyhound quit shipping packages altogether,...too bad cuz they were timely and reasonable.
    ...the buyer of this item is checking with Fasenal on his end.

12. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I have had good luck in shipping via Fastenal. That being said, their quote process can be cumbersome. I was told that the individual stores do not accept or process quotes. You have to use the online procedure.
    Not all stores participate and there are inconsistencies in both pricing and what stores accept what.
    I recently shipped a complete Quickchange from Michigan to Texas, $150! Three business days. But, I had to take it to a different store than usual and the guy in Texas had to pick it up at a different store than he originally asked for.
    What bothers me is never knowing what to expect when I request a quote. This can take from 1-5 days.

13. Shipped 1919 H-D motor , all good and at a good price .

14. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

From what I understand, they will not ship coast to coast right now . West to Rocky Mountains and east to Rocky Mountains. Maybe changed by now.

15. What - ShiftWizzard - said....you cant always use what's close to YOU or the RECIPIENT. When I sold the last Hemi block - I crated it up on my dime and took it to the town or two away - about 30 miles......the buyer had it set up already there and the buyer had to travel about the same distance to pick it up. Price for a bare block from Texas to Wisconsin was about $150 using Fastunal.

16. That was last month in July 2020.......