Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Thank you, H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Country Joe, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Country Joe

Country Joe

Hi, I've been on the HAMB about 2 and a half years. I've got a lot of information from the knowledgeable members here. I try to give some info but, the truth is, I don't have a whole lot to offer as I'm just learning myself. So, I get more out of the board than I could give.

Also, in those two years, I sold quite a few items. Always free and all great experiences with great people. Well today, I sold my car. This was the only site it was listed on and again, the ad ran for over a year, free of charge. I felt it only right to Alliance up to support this Hot Rod Oasis from now on. Thanks to all that make this place happen .....Joe

2. pumpman

pumpman

Glad to see you’re helping support Ryan and his vision.

3. Good man, I feel that supporting the site by purchasing a Alliance Membership is a way for me to give back for all the information I have received over the years.

The beauty of the HAMB is that it's FREE to everyone, the forum and classifieds. HRP

Baron, catdad49, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  4. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. pkhammer

pkhammer

Dang, you guys are making me feel pretty low.........I've been a member for eight years and have gotten a mountain of advice and have even sold a bunch of crap.......er...I mean great parts over the years. You have inspired me to join the Alliance as well!

Baron, catdad49, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  6. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Loving this place. I was anxious to post my first thread but I am sure glad I did. Planning to purchase an Alliance membership when my finances are looking a little better.

Baron, catdad49, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  7. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Exactly.
    Buying an Alliance Membership when using this site to sell is the right thing to do. Plus it helps to keep the site up for the information and joking around.
    I'm a firm believer in giving back where you got it from. I guess that makes sense.

Baron, 48fordnut, blowby and 6 others like this.
  8. Pull the credit card out and hit up Ryan for a 50 spot. You know you need too...

loudbang and Country Joe like this.
  9. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Discounts from the Alliance vendors offset the $50 bucks quickly!

10. Absolutely, The discounts have more than covered the cost of my membership each and every year. HRP

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. Maybe it's just me, but if I were one of those guys who "use" the site just to sell cars and parts and don't feel compelled to pony up the $50, I would have no self-respect.

12. Exactly! It's just the right thing to do...

13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the Alliance! $1.00 a week is a small price to support this cultural institution

14. catdad49

catdad49

It is Better to Give than Receive. Sell some parts and give back to the HAMB.

15. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My dad used to say something like "If there is a lot of giving going around then I'm likely to receive".

16. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

Same here. I joined the alliance even though I don’t post much. Great info here, and the best sarcastic comments when I need some entertainment.

17. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

Yep I joined to support the site.

18. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

If the info/entertainment value of this site isn’t worth the $.96 a week maybe it’s time to cut something else out of your budget.:rolleyes:

19. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

One of the few Best Deals. Some places if you use them enough give the discount automatically.

20. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been a member since 2004, and an Alliance member for many years. The entertainment alone is worth the $50.00, and when you figure in the added discounts the Alliance vendors offer, it's a no brainer. Probably the best $50.00 I spend every year.