Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1940-41 Ford pickup floor questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Aug 29, 2020.

1. I've been looking though threads and Goggle, I have a question. Is there a panel underneath the panel for the pedals, mine sits on the top of the flat floor but under it is a flange....like another panel should be there ???

Mine is screwed to the outer hole, but has holes on the inner flange?? (from Google):
    floor-2a.jpg
    Also what are these 2 holes for?
    floor-2ab.jpg

Are these trucks supposed to have pedal bumpers under the floor (maybe where those 2 holes are) or are they supposed to have the bumper/dust shield around the pedals like the later 40's car.
    [​IMG]

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  2. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This is what the stock floor looks like. Not sure about the 2 holes, as Drake shows bumpers that slip over the pedals IMG_3628.JPG

3. I have the top panel, but it looks like nothing goes under it......that recessed area under the panel is just there.......that's a good place to collect dirt and water = rust.

4. Here's what I have :
    floor-1a.jpg

5. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

The two holes are for the rubber pedal bumpers. They are still intact on my floor.

1oldtimer likes this.
  6. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to know. Thanks

7. I thought so as one lines up with the brake pedal. So do you use these ?
    [​IMG]

Also an I correct in assuming that nothing goes in the recessed area below the pedal cover panel.

8. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

9. Good tip, thanks for sharing this!