Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Mart's Update Aug 28. 32 Sedan. Ol' 59 Flatty. T-Bird Startup. Steam Roller. Crusty Flatty chat.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mart, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Mart

Mart

Hello! Welcome to this week's update from Mart's Garage. In this weeks video I get the T-Bird out and take it for a nice spin. We (yes, we) encounter a steam roller being worked on and show a local beauty spot with an interesting industrial heritage. I also share some thoughts on the Crusty Flatty breakdown. Also included are some heat and bend action on the 32 Sedan front shock top mounts, and I pull the pan on the Ol' 59 Flatty. Who knows what that will reveal. Thanks for dropping by, please comment, like and share with friends, and bump this thread. Catch you on the next one! Mart.

PS: The front shox have arrived literally as I've been typing this post!

2. Thanks Mart. I was hanging for you to pull the crank from the engine to see what was what and if the pistons would move. BTW, those tiny roads make me nervous, and you're not even in a big car:eek:

3. Mart

Mart

Thanks X38. I have since pulled the crank. It looks a lot better than the one in the crusty flatty. The pistons were seized solid. Getting them out was not easy.
    Thanks for the interest.
    Mart.

4. pumpman

pumpman

Like mentioned I was nervous with your ride along, it’s just hard to get use to with the cars on narrow roads and cars on the right. Hope you get some useable parts from the engine you recently got. I enjoy having coffee with you in your shop every Friday, thanks for taking the time and effort to post.

5. Mart

Mart

Thanks pumpman. Yes, these roads were particularly narrow. Glad you're enjoying my output.
    Sunday bump...